- Expired: July 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manufacturing Operations Manager
Grand Junction, CO
This position will be responsible for directing the organization in continued growth. Will be responsible for long and short-term planning, implementation and continuous improvement for those plans and company goals. Will have overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining productive relationships with customers, vendors, and employees, while expanding business development opportunities. This position is responsible to ensure that scheduled customer commitments are met timely and within budgetary limitations. Will ensure compliance with company policies, maintain quality standards, company morale, and teamwork.
- Responsible for all personnel, facility, equipment, customer and manufacturing processes for this location.
- Responsible to follow and participate in direction as established by the President and Vice President.
- Establishes all indirect roles necessary to meet financial and work flow requirements.
- Establishes, maintains, nurtures, and grows the positive work culture of the site and is directly responsible for maintaining the morale of the operation.
- Oversees all customer/facility interaction - communication, requests, deliveries, quality and dispute resolution.
- Maintains a facility that is organized in its use of storage, raw material, work flow, and access.
- Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- The key driver of continuous process and quality improvement.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Assist staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs, and objectives.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff.
- Because of the changing nature of our business, this job description will inevitably change. The employee will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within his/her capabilities as directed by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with 10+ years manufacturing management experience
- Superior leadership and strategic planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. May require lifting of up to 20 pounds. Travel is required.
Walker Products Inc.
AddressGrand Junction, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Walker Products Inc.