Assistant Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Walker-Miller Energy Services is a 22-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals.
Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and save money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing equitable energy savings for all rate payers, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as B-Hive.
B - Boldly Go
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
The Assistant Program Manager (APM) is responsible for supporting the Program Manager with all program management activities associated with delivering the Diverse Trade Ally Incubator Program. In this role, you will assist with the development and implementation of the program to attract new customers and energy efficiency providers to meet program objectives.
The APM will provide support to ensure that deliverables meet the customer’s requirements in a timely and effective manner. The APM is typically the secondary interface with the customer and internal departments. Our ideal candidate is self- motivated, takes initiative and is willing to accept responsibilities for results and is charged with effectively managing relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a plan to attract new customers/energy efficiency service providers to meet program objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers.
- Support the outreach and application process to ensure applicants adhere to program rules and requirements.
- Assist in the development of a QA/QC plan to ensure accurate program results and good evaluation results.
- Coordinate with program evaluators to understand evaluation plans and communicate program procedures to staff.
- Manage multiply databases and tracking systems
- Manage cross function program relationships where applicable, including planning, assigning, completing, coaching, mentoring and directing work.
- Develop case studies as needed.
- Assist the client with idea generation and research on program options.
- Support the management of the utility relationship as required and serve as an advocate for the client.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly invoices and activity reports as required to the client, partner, or Walker- Miller management
- Support the processing of energy efficiency project paperwork through designated tracking systems.
- Embrace and operate within the core values.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 3 to 5 years working in the energy or energy efficiency industry.
- Proven leadership abilities in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency in financial and project management
- Demonstrated experience working with contractors and/or small business owners.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- In order for us to fulfill our mission to provide an extraordinary experience every day, we require all team members supporting Ameren Programs to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. There are limited exceptions for those with specific religious or medical reasons.
- If not currently vaccinated, you must be willing to get vaccinated as a condition of employment, requiring you to get the first shot upon offer acceptance and the second shot on schedule as per CDC recommendation.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Detail-oriented and have an ability to prioritize workload and delegate appropriate work assignments to staff.
- Must be flexible to handle a wide variety of tasks and complete work in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- PMP certification, preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time within the City of Detroit
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking
- Must also be comfortable speaking in front of large or small groups
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
Note: The physical demand and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
Walker-Miller Energy Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Walker-Miller Energy Services LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Walker-Miller Energy Services LLC
Get fresh Energy Assistance jobs daily straight to your inbox!