The Project Coordinator will assist Sr. Leadership in the direction, completion, and financial outcome of a Construction project. The Coordinator will work with Walker's project administration, project Superintendents, and engineers at the discretion of the VP of Field Operations to establish operational priorities and maintain satisfactory results.
The Project Coordinator will learn project management methods and strategies, and become familiar with company systems, while performing various administrative assignments in support of a designated project or group of projects. With supervisory direction, the Coordinator will establish goals and accomplish assigned tasks within prescribed time frames and financial parameters.
Project Manager Duties Include:
· Participate in construction document analysis to develop clear and consistent interpretations.
· Become familiar with the materials, equipment, and components of the technical systems installed by Walker.
· Assist project management in identifying potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, and the like, as it relates to assigned duties. Learn how Walker can to circumvent and/or resolve such problems.
· Compose and edit letters, memos, reports, and procedures as directed.
· Process day-to-day administrative items (i.e., expense reports, supply requisitions, RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, procurement, quantity take-offs, etc.) per supervisor’s direction.
· Prepare special reports, studies, and statistical analysis per supervisor’s request. May require research, development and/or interpretation of data with little supervision or instruction.
· Learn how to interpret project schedules, anticipate manpower requirements and measure subcontractor performance.
· Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues.
· Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
· Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as directed.
· Assume a proactive approach to career development. Utilize available resources within Walker as well as request alternative instruction to learn how to become a successful project manager.
· Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Position Skills & Requirements:
· HS Diploma or GED 4-yr electrical engineering or construction science degree (or commensurate levels of technical training and related construction experience)
· 0-2 years of construction and/or general business experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Excellent MS Office skills and ability/desire to learn new systems
· Must obtain OSHA-30 certification within six (6) months from date of hire
· Must be courteous, professional, diplomatic, and highly motivated.