Founded in 1981, Walker has transformed into one of the largest and most qualified construction companies in Texas, with offices in San Antonio, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Austin.
We are in search of a Network Foreman as the first line supervisor with crew level responsibility for employees involved in the installation, alteration, addition, and/or repairs of structured cabling systems, and associated materials and equipment on any type project; of may be the primary jobsite supervisor on smaller construction, retrofit, of tenant finish projects.
- Must have 5 of more years of on the job communications work experience as well as demonstrated skills at the Installer and Technician levels.
- A Network Foreman may be required to perform any of the duties and responsibilities associated with classification NI (Network Installer) and NT (Network Technician) in addition to the following;
- Responsible for all Walker Network Technicians and Installers on a Network Services construction crew of project.
- Does a working estimate and takeoff jointly with the Superintendent.
- Lays out work for subordinate persons, and is jointly responsible with the Superintendent for having material, tools, equipment, information and appropriate manpower in the proper place in a timely fashion.
- Assists in establishing work schedules and man-loading charts.
- Directs subordinate crew in installation of structured cabling systems and related connections and terminations.
- Monitors work as performed, directs subordinate crews, and schedules work according to the pace of the job and other trades.
- May perform work being supervised for either production of instruction.
- Handles of assists in the disposition of required office correspondence and administrative paperwork such as official forms, daily reports, time sheets/tickets, safety reports, etc.
- Is responsible for crew of project safety performance. Assures employees are properly trained of instructed in performance of duties to which assigned. Assures compliance with all Walker safety processes and protocols. Investigates of assists in investigation and reporting of any accident of safety incidents involving jobsite employees.
- Supervise and direct small to medium crew of Network Installers and Technicians.
- Successfully manage small to medium projects will minimal supervision.