Walker Engineering is an industry leader in Electrical Contracting, Teledata, Automation & Controls and Audio/Visual Installations and offers highly motivated professionals the opportunity to develop their careers by working in a fast-paced atmosphere on some of the biggest projects in Texas. Our culture at Walker Engineering is based on safety, teamwork, family, customer focus and leadership - what we refer to as "The Walker Way." Our Walker office in San Antonio is in search of an administrative assistant.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports department managers on clerical/secretarial and accounting support functions for the assigned division
- Ensure weekly and bi-weekly timesheets for payroll and external time are entered accurately and invoices are coded correctly.
- Compose and/or edit letters, memos, reports, procedures, etc. as required.
- Act as liaison between the assigned division and others, such as other departments, external contacts, clients, etc.
- Schedule travel reservations (flight, rental cars, hotels), arrange meetings, reserve conference rooms, arrange catering and prepare business handouts and overhead presentations.
- Supports and resolves administrative problems, support supervisor to coordinate work assignments, maintain positive internal and external working relationships.
- Oversee and/or process day-to-day administrative items (i.e., expense reports, supply requisitions, personnel transaction forms, operating budgets, etc.) per supervisor’s authorization.
- Prepare special reports, studies, statistical analysis, brochures, etc., per the supervisor’s request. Such items would usually require research, development and/or interpretation of data and be performed with little supervision or instruction.
- Interpret and ensure proper administration of Walker policies, programs or procedures requiring independent decision making.
- Maintain and encourage a cohesive and well-functioning office and support to the project(s).
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- 2 years of administrative experience. Experience in the construction industry a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures plus the ability to organize and coordinate group work efforts
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Familiarity with office equipment (copier, fax, scanner, printer, multi-line phone system, calculator/adding machine)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong ability to manage and complete projects simultaneously and under deadlines
- Proficiency and accuracy in arithmetic
- Positive attitude and open, respectful communication
- Ability to perform job with minimal guidance or supervision
- High school diploma or associate’s degree. Bachelor’s Degree a plus