Walker Elliott has partnered with one the industry leaders in plastic injection and blow molding products to locate an Plant Operations Manager for its plant in the Fort Worth/Arlington area. The Plant Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the complete manufacturing and production lines at the site and provide leadership for the plant department leaders and employees.
- Supervises the manufacturing review meetings with complete production managers to review the plant’s safety, quality and production performance.
- Reviews and updates Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to ensure facility is on track.
- May participate in Union Leadership/Management meetings and follows-up as necessary if site is unionized.
- Conducts production Gemba walks to optimize production flow and efficiencies.
- Participates and practices Lean Manufacturing practices to such as Six Sigma, 5S, FMEA, 8D Problem Analysis.
- Engages the team in identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects.
- Engages production floor employees in problem resolution in order to improve production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques as needed.
- Performs necessary administrative functions such as budgetary administration, employee safety, performance reviews and employee counseling.
- Participates in weekly forecast calls to meet customers' shipment deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering or BA in Business or Management related degree is REQURIED.
- Experience in Injection Molding AND Blow Molding experience is a REQUIRED.
- 10+ years in plant management experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement roles including managing teams of people
- Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement experience.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- Strong financial acumen including an understanding of the budgeting process and how they relate to KPIs.
- Strong safety and quality systems experience is preferred.
- Must be a “hands-on” leader.
Do not apply unless you are authorized to work in the United States for any employer as client company cannot sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
Walker Elliott is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information, please email your resume to email@example.com or apply online.