Walker's Gas and Electric
Position Service Technician (Experienced)
At Heritage Service Group, we have been repairing commercial cooking and refrigeration equipment since 2013. We are Canada's leading service provider for commercial kitchen equipment; using OEM parts to provide fast and reliable service across North America. Our mission is to provide the highest quality customer care in the food service industry, working hard to build lasting relationships and deliver the solutions our customers count on.
Our Walker's Gas & Electric division is Nova Scotia's largest factory authorized Parts and Service Centre for the Food Service Industry, with over 55 years of experience eliminating equipment downtime and prioritizing urgent service as a CFESA certified company. Our commitment is to provide our customers with the best service for their equipment by factory trained and professional Licensed Technicians and we are looking to grow our team!
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for installing, repairing, troubleshooting and conducting preventative maintenance for commercial kitchen equipment at customer locations across Halifax, Nova Scotia. Your role will require you to utilize your industry knowledge to service complex equipment, while providing exceptional customer service. You will be responsible for interacting with our valued customers and our internal Service Dispatch Team in a professional manner. This role will report into the Director of Operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, repair and troubleshoot commercial kitchen equipment
- Consult customer and/or refer to work orders to establish nature of the equipment malfunction
- Diagnose faults, analyze issues and refer to schematic diagrams to repair and/or replace equipment
- Perform planned maintenance according to service calendar
- Work directly with our customers at their various locations across Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Maintain constant communication with service team members via phone, in-person and email
- Upsell additional services to customers when possible
- Report service call outcomes in our ERP system
- Participate in mandatory OEM training
- Perform additional job duties as required
- 5 years+ of experience as a Service Technician. Experience working in the food service industry is an asset.
- Valid Gas Fitter G2 License and Master CFESA Technician Certification
- Valid G Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with strong problem solving skills and the ability to defuse challenging situations
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well independently as well as within a team
- Desire to continue to learn and develop your technical skills
- Able to work in a high pressure, fast pace environment
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Health and safety orientated
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn a new system
Why Work for Heritage Service Group?
We offer our Service Technicians:
- Our hiring range is broad to reflect the skillset of each technician
Comprehensive Group Benefits and Pension Program
- Extended health, dental, LTD (following probation), and RRSP contribution matching (after 1st year)
- All technicians receive a company vehicle, specialty tools and uniforms
Training and Development Opportunities
- Industry-leading OEM manufacture training for our technicians to keep up to date with industry knowledge
- In-house and on-the-job training provided on a variety of kitchen equipment
24/7 Resources and Support
- You will be supported by parts/service specialists and field service leaders
- Our operation is year round with no seasonal downtime
- Hours are primarily standard day shift with flexible start times available and occasional on-call required
- Over-time available and paid at a premium rate
Industry leaders in Canada
- You will be part of a growing, stable organization, who is the industry leader in Canada!
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at: https://walkerselectric.prevueaps.com/jobs/.