The Sensors System Quality team is looking for a highly motivated and creative QA engineer with excellent analytical, programming and communication skills. The position requires a critical thinker with strong debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new sensor technologies, creating and running well thought out tests and experiments and effectively analyzing data produced. This is your chance to join a key team driving the quality of future Apple products!
- Customer Focused: Passionate about the customer experience and what we can do to improve it
- Experience testing computer hardware and/or mobile devices.
- Experience in automation using scripting or other languages (Python)
- Good understanding of QA methodologies & practices.
- Solid debugging experience and ability to investigate and triage difficult problems
- Good understanding of Hardware/Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and strive for product excellence
As a Sensors System QA engineer, you will be expected to
- Develop test plans and other test documentation required for sensor validation and features utilizing sensors.
- Review existing test coverage and identify areas for improvement.
- Identify, reproduce and isolate bugs and report issues in accordance with Apple bug reporting methods and testing guidelines
- Understand and drive appropriate customer focussed performance metrics for sensors monitoring automated setups and doing initial triage/analysis.
- Improve the set up of automation racks and ensuring the devices are well utilized by having the tests runs continuously.
- Help team with OS and FW installs on various class of products.
- Assist the team with some of the high priority investigations
- Improve current processes and maintaining documentation
- Provide project leads with detailed status and progress throughout the hardware/software development cycle
BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent