Walgreens Concept Development Team
It’s an exciting time at Walgreens to test new partnerships and pilot various formats with the Concept Development Team! We are solely focused on evolving our customer experience by bringing to life new partnerships and innovation within our physical store environment. We embrace new ways to look at the whole box with Brand values in our hearts and challenge convention with the customer always front of mind. We do small scale, fast-paced pilots, with a promise to put forth design innovation that can move seamlessly to scale.
- A motivated, emerging thought leader and creative thinker
- Committed to challenging yourself to constantly improve, keep learning, go faster, go smarter, think more collaboratively
- An engineer by training and education but an innovator at heart, with growing experience in all disciplines of building engineering
- Focused on the details that matter, with a goal to get it right the first time and limit impact to our customers
- Agile and responsive to changing business environments and work priorities
- Push the limits of change for customers
- Juggle multiple projects at a time
- Propose groundbreaking, never tried before, industry-leading design solutions
- Interface with leadership with strong executive presence and communication skills
- Continually create, iterate on and challenge conceptual designs and scopes of work, while asking “what if” in our evolving customer experience
- Foster team camaraderie
- Excel in a less structured environment
Mgr, Store Engineering
- Leads the engineering design process by executing and evolving standards, tools and processes to ensure the design goals are met.
- Collaborates with the larger creative team to bring our designs to life.
- Acts as the engineering design lead for the planning, scoping and creation of solutions to bring forward key strategies in our stores.
- Collaborates with and provides direction to external engineering consultants.
- Manages the execution of projects consistent with the development, adaptation and deployment of the Unified Design Standards for stores.
- Ensures compliance with quality control procedures.
- Develops knowledge of engineering protocols according to state and local jurisdictional mandates, Company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings.
- Works cross-functionally both within and outside the division, working in small teams to decrease total cost of ownership for the Company while accomplishing internal goals and delivering on results
- Continuously improves processes and works with internal and external business partners to value engineer in order to optimize total cost of ownership.
- Subject matter expert in the negotiation of consultant contracts and leads teams of licensed building design professionals retained for the development of the Company Unified Design Standards.
- Subject Matter Expert in the stated discipline supporting current technical needs & requirements to the overall development program assuring best in class design.
- Responsible for applying value engineering principals to lifecycle costs and occupancy costs through our Company Unified Design Standards.
- Reports on progress and uses analytics lessons learned, and best practices from prior projects to re-inject learning's into the Company Unified Design Standards.
- Brings deep understanding & innovation to future enhancements within stated discipline and expertise.
- Creates and maintains Company Unified Design Standards, which is comprised of Design Guidelines, Brand Guidelines, Architecture and Engineering Standards, Building Criteria, Specifications, and Technical Manuals.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management and/or Engineering OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management and/or Engineering group.
- At least 3 years of experience managing and working with construction and engineering practices including budgeting, estimating and scheduling.
- At least 3 years of experience working with construction plans and specifications.
- At least 3 years of experience working with engineering/site plan design, including items such as cost and quality control, material/equipment installation, bidding practices, material and labor costs.
- Experience with CAD Software.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.