Responsible for implementing training programs in distribution centers.
- Delivers technical, leadership, and/or soft skills training to new or temporary hires, and team member’s part of a Transitional Work Program (TWG).
- Conducts training evaluations in order to provide effective training curriculum to increase performance and productivity. Ensures successful integration of team members and promotes an inclusive work environment.
- Partners with local agencies and external job coaches in establishing training space, materials and resources. Builds and maintains relationships with new and established local agencies.
- When new procedures and processes are introduced, is responsible for determining the most effective training method to use in educating team members, and for officially documenting the changes in training materials.
- Mentors team members through on-the-job training. Performs new team member department orientation, including completion of training checklists. May assist with 15 minute Observe, Coach, and Recognize (OCRs) sessions, as necessary.
- Creates a continuous improvement culture, actively participates in the LEAN initiatives in order to improve processes and continually drive out waste.
- Participates in cross functional DC projects to provide subject matter expertise in the area of training, as needed. In partnership with Field Inclusion team, develops and maintain training materials/curriculum.
- Maintains good working relationships and cooperates actively with all levels and areas of management to ensure that the objectives of the department and company are met.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- High School diploma/GED and at least 1 years of relevant experience in Education/Training, United States Armed Forces or equivalent experience in demonstrating leadership skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience applying principles of adult learning to training delivery.
- Experience in providing training and developing process documentation/user manuals.
- Experience facilitating group discussion (including scribing, recording, timekeeping, and leading discussions).
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, facilitating/training staff.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state, out of state & internationally).
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.