Customer Care Pharmacy Technician - Special Benefits
Walgreens Laveen, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NOTE: This posting is for an onsite position located in our Chandler, AZ Call Center!
Looking for a rewarding career with tons of room for growth? Walgreens will sponsor and provide training for you to obtain your AZ pharmacy technician license!
Walgreens is proud to invest & champion an earn while you learn Pharmacy Technician Training Program. This program gives you an entry point to a career in health care by guiding you in taking steps towards becoming a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified Pharmacy Technician, and helping you maintain the high level of skill required in the pharmacy care industry. Arming you with a nationally recognized, portable credential that will help you advance your career.
- HEALTH, PRESCRIPTION DRUG, DENTAL & VISION
- TIME OFF
- RETIREMENT SAVINGS PLAN & STOCK PURCHASE PLAN
- LIFE INSURANCE
- AMAZING CULTURE, AND MORE!
+ In accordance with state and federal regulations, performs data entry and patient registration. Responsible for resolution of third party rejects and responding to high volume customer inquiries, working under direct supervision. Follows standard operating procedures and performs duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information. Duties may vary based on assigned department.
- Using Walgreens prescription data entry procedures and guidelines, processes new patient registration by entering data into appropriate system. Handlespatient prescription requests within HIPAA guidelines, enters new and refill orders for processing. Troubleshoots to obtain missing prescription information and interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Resolves all data entry related exceptions.
- Handles correspondence to patients (inbound calls, chats, emails) and makes outbound calls to prescribers and patients as needed.
- Resolves Third Party Rejects by reviewing, gathering information, making corrections, and resubmitting for processing according to individual plan requirements. Makes telephone calls to insurers and others to obtain information, gain override approval or otherwise resolve the Third-Party Rejects.
- Provides assistance to Pharmacists, both those in the facility and those at other locations. Identifies and communicates issues to senior level staff as appropriate.
- Must obtain active technician license or certification within the first 90 days and maintain an active technician license or certification.
External Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, copy, paste, screen capture,start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Basic Search Engines skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 25 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
- Communicate effectively in writing andverbally
- Be able to multi-task between multiple applications
- At least 1 year of pharmacy technician experience in a retail or call center environment.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Required certification/registration as a Pharmacy Technician by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- Intermediate to advanced level keyboarding skills (at least 35 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
Walgreens is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As Americas most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, Location: Laveen, AZ - 85339
EducationView all jobs at Walgreens