Responsible for developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of business processes pertaining to purchasing, distribution, and dispensing of pharmaceutical products at Walgreens. Uses this knowledge to develop cost benefit analysis of proposed programs through collection and data analysis. Develops and presents specific recommendations to Pharmacy Purchasing management team. Works on projects in strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes and industry practices pertaining to purchasing, distributing, and dispensing of pharmaceutical products.
- Develops and presents cost-benefit analyses of proposed programs and makes specific recommendations tied to the business goals of the department and Company.
- Collects, analyzes and presents information pertaining to long-term planning and strategic goals of the Pharmacy Purchasing department.
- Works on projects in strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning as it relates to pharmacy purchasing and distribution.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions; OR, High School Diploma/GED and five (5) years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.