Responsible for collaborating in the design and leading the execution of merchandising and/or purchasing strategies pertaining to one of more of the following: space management, format design and planning, visual merchandising, format/category strategy, merchandise planning, merchandising process design, merchandising analytics, merchandising systems, fixture planning and management, merchandising operations, or other merchandising/purchasing projects as needed.
- Develops and executes merchandising strategies that are aligned with Company goals and are focused on delivering value to the customer.
- May develop communication and guides to support the field in the effective execution of merchandising strategies at the store level. Provides clarification and technical support for more complex merchandising issues and questions.
- Leads day-to-day activities to meet departmental objectives. Masters and innovates within one area of specialization and provides input to streamline and improves processes within a broader functional area.
- Partners with various areas within the Company, vendors, suppliers, contractors and cross functional project teams to drive results through enhanced merchandising programs and policies.
- Completes and provides complex analytical analysis to provide insights for program design and management decision-making.
- Ensures that merchandising programs are developed to align with the customer value proposition.
- Utilizes an advanced knowledge of internal merchandising processes and external best practices and trends to provide recommendations for continuous improvements and advancement efforts for Walgreens merchandising programs.
- Utilizes an advanced knowledge of KPIs and targeted merchandising strategies that will drive store results.
- Engages and develops analysis for interpretation of results and analyzing trends.
- Develops and executes assigned high profile plans/programs to enhance/maximize consumer awareness, market share and support specified initiatives.
- Participates in development of programs that establish and enhance standards.
- Reviews alignment of functional area strategies with assumed outcomes.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
Job ID: 280976BR
Title: Analyst Sr Merchandising
Company Indicator: Walgreens
Job Function: Merchandising/Procurement
Full Store Address: 106 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL 60015
Full District Office Address: 106 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-05123-01106-2
External Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience in one or more of the following: retail, procurement/purchasing, merchandising, vendor relations, or retail marketing OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in two or more of the following: retail, procurement/purchasing, merchandising, vendor relations, or retail marketing.
- Experience in a more specialized area of purchasing or merchandising, including format design, analytics, promotional merchandise management, space planning, visual merchandising, merchandising systems, forecasting, or purchasing.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or Master's Degree.
- 3 years of experience in one or more of the following: retail, procurement/purchasing, merchandising, vendor relations, or retail marketing.
- Retail experience.