Accountant - Needed To Own the Numbers
- $60,000 to $75,000 Yearly
The Accountant that we seek is a faithful stickler for detail who can spot patterns and errors in general ledgers from 1,000 yards. We are seeking a proactive, uncompromising, and efficient number-crunching sentinel. You excel at Excel! Spreadsheets are your communication method of choice, and words like closings, reconciliations, journal entries, and allocations quicken your pulse. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and perform well under stress. You track down credit card transactions with ease and ensure that purchase orders are posted on time and on point!
You are content working on your own but are always happy to assist our CFO and our company as we work arm in arm to crush our goals. You take your responsibilities seriously, tackling each task with a curious spirit and dogged integrity. You think ahead with laser focus, and no stone is left unturned in your investigative process.
If you are looking for a long-term career strengthening our team as we build something greater than ourselves, we want to talk with you. We have very definite, ambitious goals at Waldrop, and are working together every day on our plans to meet and exceed them. You’ll have an opportunity to take part in our vision and add your voice to our chorus of A-Players!
For over 50 years, Waldrop has been South Carolina's leader in HVAC and Plumbing installation and repair services. Our team is built of professionals who are courteous, thorough, and highly knowledgeable. Our brand stands behind our work. Our core focus is to serve our community and team with trust & fairness. We provide regular training, a full benefits package, work-life balance, and so much more. We always strive to do what is right, and we maintain excellent customer reviews and ratings as a result. We're certain you’ll be up to speed and living your best professional life in no time.
We are seeking someone who is committed to quality and excellence to join us as we move to the next level. We are looking only for top performers. Apply today!
Position Performance Expectations
- Record 90% of the manual daily financial transactions; complete posting process by the following business day
- Oversee that 100% of transactions are properly batched and exported; if errors, investigate and resolve
- Perform daily bank reconciliations within 2 business days; resolve any exceptions
- Regularly ensure that 100% of credit card transactions are accurately entered and reconciled
- Assist in having the books closed within 5 business days of each month.
- Ownership of our service platform “Accounting” page; monitor unbatched and/or un-exported transactions.
- Daily completion of the bank reconciliation for the previous business day.
- Weekly reconciliation of the credit card balances for the previous week.
- Reconcile and sign-off on assigned trial balance accounts within closing workbook within 5 business days of month, with the assistance of the accounting team.
Preferred Education: College Degree (Business, Finance, Accounting).
- Three years of Accounting or Finance Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- High Internal Emotional Need To Succeed (HIENTS)
- Verifiable experience in the field of accounting/finance with a proven understanding of journal entries, trial balances, and reconciliation processes
- Analytical/data-driven mindset; good with numbers
- Proven work history with Excel and use of moderate Excel functions
- Ability to reason and question transactions or entries that may be incorrect
- Experience with Service Titan, Intacct, or Paylocity
- Experience in Construction or a Service Department Sales leadership/management experience
- Have an MBA
- Highlights: Data-driven work culture, high performance environment, supportive team, training, and growth opportunities
- Job Type: Accountant, General Ledger Accountant
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Compensation: Annual Salary plus bonus
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-, and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401k
- Location: Greer, SC 29651
*Waldrop is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
For over 50 years, we've toiled diligently to develop and evolve our high-performance, professional and supportive work culture. It's one that's built on a foundation of teaching and training. We go to the extreme to care for our team so they can deliver an exceptional customer service experience every day. We recognize if our team isn't happy, fulfilled, and delivering their best - our customers won't receive the service and solutions they deserve. It's simply our duty to you, our team, and our customers.
Still skeptical? Apply today to see for yourself. Let us prove we practice what we preach. It could be the best career decision you've ever made. Come home to Waldrop Home Services and experience the difference.
At Waldrop Home Services – "Our People Deliver The Difference."
At Waldrop Home Services – "Our People Deliver The Difference." Sure, scores of companies talk the talk but ask yourself how many are committed enough to declare it on the front of their building in huge print for all to see. How many organizations go all-in and prominently display a statement like that on their entire fleet of service vehicles and marketing materials? At Waldrop, we don't just say it; we own it and everything it takes to make it happen. For over 50 years, we've toiled diligently to develop and evolve our high-performance, professional and supportive work culture. It's one that's built on a foundation of teaching and training. We go to the extreme to care for our team so they can deliver an exceptional customer service experience every day. We recognize if our team isn't happy, fulfilled, and delivering their best - our customers won't receive the service and solutions they deserve. It's simply our duty to you, our team, and our customers. Still skeptical? Apply today to see for yourself. Let us prove we practice what we preach. It could be the best career decision you've ever made. Come home to Waldrop Home Services and experience the difference.
Waldrop Home ServicesGreenville, SC
WebsiteView All Waldrop Home Services Jobs
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.