- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
POSITION: Project Manager
The Project Manager will manage the production of construction documents and specifications for small to moderate size projects. As part of a project team, the Project Manager will provide all necessary direction to Job Captains, Intern Architects, and CAD Technicians regarding project’s schedule, task assignment, and technical support. The Project Manager will also coordinate resources and consultants and monitor project schedule and budget to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget. In addition, the Project Manager will build and maintain effective relationships with existing clients and prospects to generate new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implement all phases of a project from start to finish, which includes budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, and specifications. Compile project schedules and coordinate resources to keep projects on track to be completed on time and under budget. Manage the project team by providing clear direction and support in all project stages.
Develop production and construction documents and specifications to submit for plan check. Attend and/or organize job site meetings with the owner and contractor, respond to RFI’s from the contractor, process submittals, and process change orders as they relate to the project.
Client Satisfaction and Relationship
Meet and exceed client expectations by providing inspiring design solutions through proper management of projects, staff, and clients. Respond timely to client inquiries or problems in a professional manner and provide solutions to resolve concerns.
Provide guidance to junior staff by reviewing plans, documents, and redlines with staff to ensure tasks and expectations are clear.
Foster a positive, creative, and collaborative environment that focuses on customer service. Work effectively with all levels of management to ensure staff members are working cooperatively on projects that may involve more than one studio.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field and 4 years of related work experience, OR 10 years of related work experience (Related work experience should consist of experience with residential/commercial/education projects; developing production of construction documents and specifications, and experience using AutoCAD in an architectural environment)
- Minimum of 2 years supervising a staff
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of AutoCAD
- Advanced knowledge of California Building Codes
- Understanding of construction administration and building codes
- Knowledge of construction methods and materials affecting architectural design; fundamentals of structural, mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering as they relate to architectural design
- Proficiency in establishing and meeting schedules and budgets, and ability to run a profitable project
- Architecture licensure in CA
- Knowledge of HCAI (formerly OSHPD)
- Experience creating architectural renderings and visualizations
- Proficiency in the use of Revit, SketchUp, V-Ray, Twinmotion/Enscape
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume.
Our firm attracts and fosters an environment for the community’s most talented and professional team of architects and interior designers to do what they do best – design and help develop functional and beautiful buildings and interiors to support both public and private enterprises. Those who work with us know our reputation of integrity, professionalism, trustworthiness and excellence.
Wald, Ruhnke & Dost Architects
Wald Ruhnke & Dost Architects, LLP is Monterey County’s largest and most active architectural firm supporting and designing socially meaningful projects throughout our community. Since its foundation in 1963, our firm has completed more than 2,000 projects in the Monterey Bay region, including many well-loved local landmarks. Our firm attracts and fosters an environment for the community’s most talented and professional team of architects and interior designers to do what they do best – design and help develop functional and beautiful buildings and interiors to support both public and private enterprises. Those who work with us know our reputation of integrity, professionalism, trustworthiness and excellence.
2340 Garden RoadMonterey, CA