- Posted: over a month ago
The Superintendent is the individual in charge of a specific project or projects within the company. As the superintendent, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on. Superintendents may work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, and within budget (meeting established gross margins) as well as working with other company staff personnel for support. This position reports directly to the General Manager and Operations Manager as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Defines, develops, and maintains production execution for assigned project. Maintains close support to assigned customers.
- Consideration of WIM departments and resources to meet project / contract requirements.
- Approve purchases / expenditures related to projects / contracts.
- Meet margin goals for projects.
- Monitor expenditures against revenue for projects / contracts.
- Develop and monitor project schedules.
- Monitor customer satisfaction during and after project.
- Creates project work plans with input from Production Department and revises as required.
- Identifies resources needed and enlists or assigns responsibilities to other team members.
- Develop and disperse project budgets to Production Department and to Project Accounting group.
- Holds and directs a pre-job meeting with project staff (Production and Accounting) to ensure understanding of scope and requirements for day-to-day management of projects.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the project through production meetings or regular meetings dictated by customer.
- Investigate deviances in man/hour projections and revenue projections to determine cause (change in scope, poor performance, other) to minimize exposure or recognize source of additional revenue.
- Perform an overall job analysis with Production and Estimating Departments to review performance and establish standards for future work.
- Follow up with customer on satisfaction with project.
- Monitors individual performance and directs, advises, trains, fore-men, leads, and skilled trades.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- 5 + years of experience in ship repair/ fabrication experience
- Ability to obtain Rapid Gate/ DBIDS Credential for access to USN Facilities.
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Must have strong work ethic, be se1f-motivated, and able to multitask
- Strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office suite applications
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with ongoing deadlines
- Ability to understand and administer OSHA, ABS Classification guidelines, USCG, NAVSEA and SOLAS requirements
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, as well as in an office controlled environment.
- May have to visit projects aboard ships, rigs both on and offshore as well as confined spaces.
- Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE when required.
- Visits may require standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
- Some climbing (100 feet) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights while wearing fall prevention equipment.
- Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
- Some travel may be required (~10% per year on average)
We provide paid holidays, vacation, paid medical & dental and 401(k) benefits.
Walashek Industrial & Marine Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ConstructionView all jobs at Walashek