Walashek Mobile, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
The boilermaker is responsible for comprehending and utilizing blueprints, sketches, drawings, technical manuals, and work process instructions in order to install, and repair boilers, and other pressure vessels. This position reports directly to the Lead man or Foreman as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Test and inspect boiler systems for leaks or defects
- Replace or repair valves, using hand and power tools.
- Be experienced in using gas torches.
- Cleaning of boilers and boiler furnaces.
- Inspect assembled vessels and individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, and auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
- Install manholes, handholes, taps, tubes, valves, gauges, and feedwater connections in drums of water tube boilers, using hand tools.
- Clean pressure vessel equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents.
- Install refractory brick in fireboxes.
- Use blueprints to determine locations, positions, or dimensions of parts.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications and drawings.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties
- Be fit for a respirator
- Able to constantly climb stairs and ladders, up to 200 rungs/steps per hour
- Access confined spaces.
- Complies with the highest level of safety during all stages of project execution to avoid any type of incidents and or accidents.
- Walk to, from and between assigned work areas throughout scheduled shift.
- Endure noise, fumes, dust and inclement weather.
- Work overtime as needed to meet production demands
Required Education and Experience:
- Must possess of Boiler, heat exchanger and valve repair experience
- Ability to pass a drug screen
- Ability to obtain DBIDS/TWIC credentials
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, as well as in an office controlled environment.
- May have to visit projects aboard ships, rigs both on and offshore as well as confined spaces. Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE when required.
- Visits may require standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
- Some travel required
We provide paid holidays, PTO, paid medical, vision, life, dental and 401(k) benefits.
Walashek Industrial & Marine Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ConstructionView all jobs at Walashek