AP Accounting Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Walashek Industrial and Marine, Inc. has an immediate opening for an AP Clerk to join our Accounting team at the corporate office in Norfolk, VA. The primary function of this position is processing invoices, interacting with vendors, resolving invoice issues, and working on ad hoc assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Verify, review and process invoices with speed and accuracy
- Code invoices to jobs and accounts
- Match purchase orders to vendor invoices for payment
- Research problem invoices/payable and resolve with branch contacts in accordance with department and/or company guidelines, polices, and procedures.
- Reconcile vendor statements to A/P subsidiary ledger and follow up in accordance with department and/or company guidelines, polices, and procedures.
- Compile invoices selected for check runs
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Assist with special projects and analysis as needed
- Performs additional assignments per management's direction
Required Education and Experience:
- Must possess a 2-year Accounting/Management degree
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- Knowledge of accounts payable
- Possess a valid driver's license and a clear credit report
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office suite applications (specifically Excel)
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team environment with ongoing deadlines
- Office environment
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize assignments
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Possess sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Information management skills
- Must have strong work ethic be self-motivated
- Strong problem-solving skills, accounting principles knowledge, documentation, research and resolutions skills, and data analysis skills
We provide paid holidays, PTO, paid medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k) benefits in a business-casual environment.
Walashek Industrial & Marine Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Walashek