The Section on Hospital Medicine seeks an experienced physician leader with expertise in operations, finance, and quality to serve as Medical Director of Hospital Medicine at High Point Regional Hospital. The successful candidate will lead the hospital medicine team at High Point Regional Hospital and report to the section chief on hospital medicine at Wake Forest Baptist Health System
This physician leader will be a key liaison with subspecialist, surgical colleagues and primary care providers in the community. The candidate must have strong emotional and social intelligence to be successful in managing competing. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic academic medical system that has experienced significant growth over the past several years. The hospitalist group at High Point Medical Center currently has a team of 30 physicians and advanced practitioners and care for 150 inpatients per day.
Applicants should have an established track record in physician change management, operational management, financial stewardship, quality improvement. Expertise in the areas of performance improvement methodology, such as Six Sigma or Lean, budgets, value based health care and population health is highly desirable.
Specific expectations for the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Create synergy and collaboration within Wake Forest Baptist Health System and senior leaders.
- Collaborate with the local High Point leadership including the President, COO, CMO, and AVP of Clinical Operations
- Collaborate with the section chief on hospital medicine
- Provide leadership and direction for the hospitalists at High Point Regional Hospital
- Develop effective communication with attendings, advanced practitioners, subspecialists, surgical colleagues, emergency room colleagues and primary care providers
- Develop a perioperative consult service at High Point Regional Hospital
- Ensure that physicians and advanced practitioners are meeting clinical and quality expectations
Manage the hospital medicine group to ensure core measures and patient experience metrics are met
- Ensure that the hospitalist and advanced practitioners at High Point Hospital are provided opportunities to teach and learn evidence based medicine
- Manage the physician assistant student education program with our hospital medicine service
- Manage the budget and finances with the administrative team for the hospital medicine group at High Point Regional Hospital
- Ensure that billing are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that coding and documentation are done accurately
Wake Forest Baptist Health System is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to achieving diversity among its faculty and staff. To apply, please send a curriculum vitae and cover letter expressing interest in the position to:
Physician Recruitment Leader