Waitr is an on-demand restaurant platform designed to connect local restaurants to hungry consumers. Founded in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Waitr’s mission is to develop the local food culture for communities across the United States by expanding the reach of local restaurant menus. Waitr now has more than 6,200 restaurant partners in more than 230 cities across the U.S.
Waitr is looking for a highly self-motivated New Business Development/Outside Sales Representative to join the team in the Jonesboro, AR area. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for propelling the rapid growth of Waitr through the acquisition of new restaurant partners, by both expanding into new territories and growing existing markets.
The ideal candidate will be a hunter that uses a consultative and solutions based selling approach, have great presentation and communication skills and have that “hungry” mentality.
· 80% of the time to be on the road “pulling doors” , cold calling and meeting in person with potential restaurant partners.
· Develop strategic action plans to manage territory and reach company/individual sales goals.
· Work directly with local restaurants to help them connect with hungry diners in their area and grow their business via Waitr’s mobile applications.
· Establish relationships with decision makers; restaurant managers and owners.
· Adjust approach to each potential customer, assess prospect needs, clearly communicate advantages, and identify and overcome challenges that impede the sale.
· Identify, qualify and prioritize new business opportunities and develop a strategy for closing new business accounts.
· Identify, qualify and prioritize new business opportunities and develop a strategy for closing new restaurant partner accounts.
· Use a consultative sales approach, seek to understand potential restaurant partner’s needs and present solutions that will help their business.
· Provide consistent and timely follow up communication and action steps after every sales call.
· Utilize HubSpot (CRM System) to forecast sales pipeline, maintain a record of all conversations, activities and opportunities.
· Register and participate in local business organizations to meet prospective customers, build and maintain relationships with existing customers and obtain market knowledge.
· Education – Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business, Sales and Marketing, or related fields are preferred).
· Sales Experience - 3 years field customer facing outside sales experience.
· Successful Record of Sales Achievement - Proven experience developing new pipeline opportunities and generating revenue.
· Sales Hunter – The position is built for someone who possesses a hunter mentality with a consultative approach. Strong cold calling and professional network development experience.
What we offer:
· Competitive salary + Commission
· Life Insurance
· Short- and Long-term Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.