Waitr seeks a Data Scientist.
- Have 2+ years of industry experience developing machine learning models with business impact — more experience preferred
- Have a B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Possess Deep understanding of statistics / machine learning
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to write well written code (experience with Python preferred)
Bonus points if you:
- have experience with real-time technology problems
- have experience with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- have experience with AWS SageMaker
As a data scientist, you will have the opportunity to leverage our data infrastructure to develop models that impact millions of users across our three audiences and tackle our most challenging business problems. You will work with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to develop and iterate on models to help us grow our business.
Here's how you'll be spending your week:
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identify and quantify levers to help move key metrics
- Recommend which features to build and why
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Generate recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings. This includes:
- Performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities and actions required;
- Collecting, processing, and cleaning data from disparate sources using SQL, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools; and
- Managing the design, execution, and analysis of experiments; driving rigor and testing culture through product and operations teams
- Report against company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Monitor key performance metrics, understanding root causes of changes
- Build data sets and reporting tables to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Partner with engineering to implement, document, validate, and iterate on building solutions at scale
We're looking for someone who:
- Is high-energy and confident — you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- Is an owner — driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Is humble — you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Is Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity — things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Is Growth-minded — you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Has a strong desire for impact — ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
Is it worth it? Let us perk it.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re reinventing the dining experience.
- We support and encourage continual learning through sponsoring conference attendance and ongoing learning subscriptions.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun work environment.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Nine paid company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Standard issue latest generation Macbook Pro (or an equivalent substitute of your choice.)
- Building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an important part of the culture at Waitr. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Get ready to do the best work of your life here at Waitr!