- Posted: over a month ago
WaitWhat is creating the most valuable independent portfolio of premium IP at the intersection of daily habit and human potential with a contrarian strategy to scale.
Downloaded more than 100 million times, WaitWhats media properties have defined new genres in the areas of business (Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman), wellness (Meditative Story) and creativity (Spark & Fire). In everything WaitWhat creates, it aims to elicit the contagious emotions of wonder, curiosity, and mastery infusing its content with Wait, what? moments that spark curiosity and help us live at the top of our potential.
Founded by June Cohen and Deron Triff the former TED execs who launched TED Talks and led the media organization for a combined 17 years WaitWhats approach to content is unique in the industry, with a passion for inventing new business models and building inventive partnerships. Learn more about WaitWhat >>
The Role: Marketing Coordinator
WaitWhat is seeking a marketing / audience development coordinator with the ability to pivot and grow with the organization into new and innovative projects. We want to deepen your skills and stretch your talents in new ways, give you ownership and responsibility for projects, inspire and delight your ability to impact the world through the media we create, and welcome you into a very special, humble, kind, and highly collaborative startup environment.
This is a supporting role that will execute against a strategic vision set by the Senior Audience Development & Growth Marketing Manager. Were a small team and well work creatively and collaboratively together. We all bring ideas to the table and we build on them to bring them to life.
The areas where youll leave your mark:
- Contribute to audience growth and brand recognition across WaitWhat's ecosystem of media properties, including technology products, publishing initiatives, television series, learning curriculums, and live events. Approach each of these opportunities with WaitWhat's signature 11-star, we got this attitude.
- Draft copy for marketing materials, understanding the intent of the language/asset and the voice of each property.
- Support integrated campaigns and content initiatives across email, web, social, and paid media channels.
- Ideate and execute show-level and episodic podcast marketing tactics. Support guests, storytellers, and partners to the highest of standards.
- Ideate and execute on partnerships to engage targeted communities and expand audience growth. Establish meaningful and mutually supportive relationships with external partners.
- Work collaboratively with other departments including production, design, events, and editorial to deliver the highest, most inventive standard for excellence on all projects.
- Stay on top of media marketing trends and understand where and how WaitWhat might find opportunities that align with our goals
- A strong executor with a knack for getting things done. Thorough and attentive to detail, always.
- An insatiable appetite and humility to learn to deepen your skills and stretch your talents in new ways.
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects, relationships, and outreaches with tight deadlines.
- A passion for superlative content and storytelling.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Equal parts creative and analytical. Operationally savvy and data-driven, with an eye for creativity and an enthusiasm for out-of-the-box thinking.
- Superior communication skills, diplomacy, and positivity. You inspire belief, sophistication, and infinite kindness with the right balance of resolve.
- Joyful to partner with and committed to excellence.
We offer a benefits package thats generous and competitive with larger companies. Benefits include 3 weeks of company holiday (2 weeks in summer + one week between Christmas and New Years), 5 personal days, healthcare (PPO, vision and dental), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k). Were an anti-racist organization, committed to equity and diversity of all kinds on our team, among our investors, and as represented on our media properties. Most importantly, we only hire extremely kind people.
NYC / Remote
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at WaitWhat