- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wailuku Pet Clinic is looking to hire a Veterinary Technician/Veterinary Assistant!
**SIGN-ON Bonus Available**
WPC is a full-service, family owned and operated small animal hospital in Wailuku, Hawaii. We proudly offer competitive pay, along with an exceptional benefits package that includes a 401K! Our hours of business allow for a great work-life balance!
Veterinary Assistants/Technicians maintain a high standard of patient care, builds positive, professional relationships, and communicates clearly with clinic personnel and clients to ensure that patients receive the care they need.
The Assistant/Technician is friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations from clients and co-workers. The Assistant/Technician prioritizes, changes focus, multi-tasks, and thinks creatively and must respond quickly and calmly to emergencies, leading others through necessary tasks.
Assistants/Technicians strongly believe in the quality of care provided and communicate this sense of assurance to clients. They understand veterinary services and recommendations and clearly convey the value of the services to the clients, promoting a positive work environment and providing direction to and motivating coworkers.
- At least one year of recent experience in veterinary practice or medical environment, with increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to perform routine veterinary medical procedures (e.g., collect samples, draw blood, and administer vaccines).
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate records and to charge clients for all products and services rendered.
- Ability to properly restrain patients.
- Knowledge of spelling and meaning of commonly used veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to stay on task and work energetically for entire shift, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day.
- Preferred: Three years’ recent experience in a veterinary practice, with increasing responsibilities.
Wailuku Pet Clinic
1728 W. Kaahumanu Ave. Suite AWailuku, HI
Get fresh Veterinary Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.