- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical,
The Maintenance Supervisor will handle maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), carpentry, painting, and other building systems. Will ensure the building, its equipment, and systems are in a safe and properly functioning state. Will evaluate systems and facilities to determine maintenance and/or repairs that need to be performed. Assesses building systems to plan work assignments and project schedules. Organizes and assists in scheduling and work of maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- General maintenance duties include painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and mechanical related tasks to include demolition and renovation.
- Repair and maintain the lighting fixtures and changing light bulbs.
- Orders tools, supplies, and equipment.
- Performs maintenance work orders as needed.
- Communicate assignments and major tasks to employees. Make sure their team has all the instructions necessary to complete assignment properly.
o Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance employee. Provide immediate assistance and instruction as needed.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the parking lots.
- Identify, correct, and report hazardous conditions.
- Supervisory position responsible for team of 4-8.
- Works as a complement to other departments such as Janitorial and Security.
- Cooperates and works with vendors and contractors.
- Informs Maintenance Managers of supplies and tools that need to be ordered and equipment that needs to be repaired.
- Work closely with vendors, outsourced service providers, and contractors to protect the
interests of the facility
- Keep an eye on materials and spare parts inventory
- Actively participate in projects (remodeling or renovation)
· Actively discuss staff-related challenges with senior management
· Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to identify issues and determine repairs that are needed.
· Ability to plan maintenance schedules for building systems.
· Excellent management and supervisory skills.
· Excellent knowledge of all power tools.
· Must be able to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, electronic systems, all major appliances.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light-to-heavy weight material/appliances/equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion).
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination, and depth perception for proper operation and repair of machines, wiring, and equipment.
- Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
- Standing up for 8-9 hours
- Capable of lifting up to 65 lbs
WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS
Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, write reports, etc. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans. On a regular basis must use independent judgment, while following standards of practice, to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc. Must be able to deal with moderate-to-high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities, and supervising employees. Will interact regularly with tenants, vendors, contractors, supervisors, employees, and coworkers and therefore, must have great interpersonal skills.
Will be exposed on a regular basis to an indoor environment but also occasionally an outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools.
- Must be open and available to work all shifts. Full-time hours at 40 hours per week, 5 days per week.
SECURITY ACCESS AND REQUIRED EQUIPMENT:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least seven (7) years of maintenance experience required.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
Health Insurance, Paid Vacation after 1 year, Flexible Spending Health and Dependent Care Accounts, AFLAC Insurance Programs, Bi-Weekly Payment, Parking.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Waikiki Business and Shopping Plaza are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Waikiki Shopping Plaza
2250 Kalakaua Avenue. HonoluluHonolulu, HI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?