Waialae Senior Living & Waialae Senior Living 2 is seeking reliable, dedicated, caring and compassionate Licensed Practical Nurses to work in a Type 1 ARCH, caring for our senior residents. Become a part of our facility's outstanding care-giving team, where we care for our residents like family. Not because it's a job, but because it's an exciting career opportunity to provide the highest quality of care and make a genuine difference in the lives of our senior residents.
- Prepare, execute, and assess comprehensive nursing care under the guidance of a registered nurse.
- Complete assignments by setting priorities and engaging in program services.
- Communicate health and nursing needs and/or recommendations to staff, other health providers and families.
- Administer prescribed medications and demonstrate a thorough understanding of practice standards and compliance with procedures and medication management.
- Coordinate the resident's appointments and transportation to the appointments.
- Apply nursing service standard procedures by exhibiting a full awareness of all relevant medical services, related administrative regulations, and techniques to ensure patient safety.
- Respect all patients as culturally diverse individuals and remain considerate of their unique backgrounds when providing attention and treatment.
- Receives and gives an accurate report on resident's condition, and ensures the resident's health status is routinely documented to provide continuity of care.
- Monitor diets and supervises meal trays and snacks served to residents and the resident's intake. Assists in passing meal trays, feeding and passing of snacks.
- Adhere to all professional standards set by the care home, learn policies and procedures, and protect the care home by committing to standards set by the Department of Health.
- Update educational and practical knowledge on a regular basis, stay up on professional publications, maintain licensing and participate in professional organizations that improve your quality of care.
- Accredited nursing or vocational school degree
- Current State of Hawaii LPN License in Good Standing
- Proper utilization of medical equipment, including glucometers
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Documentation of 2-Step TB Clearance
- Current TB/CXR Clearance (within past year)
- Current Physical Exam (within past year)
- Acceptable State of Hawaii eCrim report and Fieldprint background check