Material Buyer II
Wahl Clipper Corporation Sterling, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Wahl Clipper Corporation, a global manufacturer of branded Consumer and Professional products, has an exciting opportunity for a team-oriented individual to fill the role of Material Buyer II at our Global Headquarters in Sterling, Illinois.
We are proud to celebrate over 100 years as the standard for grooming products used by barbers and hairdressers all over the world. Professionals and home users have relied on our innovative clippers, trimmers and personal care products for an entire century.
Today, the fourth generation of the Wahl Family remains deeply rooted in the daily operations and management of the organization. Living beyond the footsteps of their great-grandfather, the family continues to ensure that everything that Wahl produces aligns with the same core family values.
When you work at Wahl, you join a community that is proud of its heritage of excellence and ground-breaking innovations and a company that focuses on creating value for the customer and long-term growth.
Perks & Benefits:
- 401(k) Deferred Plan + Company Match
- Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- Casual Dress Code
- Grand Rounds, Your Personal Healthcare Assistant
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Leo J. Wahl Scholarship for children of Wahl employees
- Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Generally observe 10 paid holidays per year
- Wellness Programs
This position is responsible for the procurement of assigned materials/commodities from specified suppliers. The Material Buyer II assigned area of responsibility has more variation and complexity. This position demonstrates independent decision making and contributes to improvements within the policies determined by the Material Manager. The Material Buyer II drives cross functional collaboration with both suppliers and internal partners to ensure that objectives for on-time delivery, quality and material status communication are met.
- BS in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field of study required or comparable experience in an operations environment
- 3+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain or similar function
- Proficient software skills (required)
- Excellent organizational, analytical, decision-making and communication skills
- Strong foundation in customer fulfillment and inventory management concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of MRP and manufacturing end to end processes
- Must understand and embrace the Wahl values and culture
Wahl Clipper Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at Wahl Clipper Corporation