Under general direction, manage the definition, development, and deployment of highly complex projects. Function as a single point of contact for assigned projects. Define project scope and objectives. Develop and mange project schedules to ensure timely completion of project. Conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Maintain project budgets including approval of project expenditures. Recommends and takes actions to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Provide project management for complex projects or multiple small to medium sized projects.
- Define project scope and objectives.
- Makes recommendations for executive action when required.
- Provide leadership to project teams and others, both intra- and inter- departmentally.
- Ensure compliance with contractual agreements
- Develop project schedules that address workload balancing, prioritization, and integration of multiple projects to ensure feasibility of schedule. Develop project milestones from other teams detailed work plans, schedules, and resource plans.
- Oversee the development of each aspect of the project resolving the most difficult work problems.
- Identify and manage project risks and issues involving various aspects of the project.
- Identify interdependencies across projects and business units by collaborating with the entire EPMO team regularly and take action to ensure visibility and decision making is at the appropriate level.
- Consult with project owner to ensure
- Track project costs against plan.
- Provide reporting of status, including progress, completion outlook, and budget variance.
- Ensure all impacted organizations are coordinated with and represented.
- Maintain advanced analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal) .
- Continually enhance knowledge of financial services industry in general and Waddell & Reed business functions, in particular.
- Maintain high level of personal productivity and quality and help others within team, organization and company to make improvements.
- Positively respond to change and influence others to do the same.
- Operate with a strong sense of urgency, emphasizing action; rapidly resolving issues with own and with team's work, plan and direction.
- Foster cooperation and build consensus; Gain agreement and resolve issues and conflicts, often among multiple external entities or persons.
- Participate in the review of all projects at conclusion with project owners relevant to your BU. Assist in tracking project goals and outcomes as necessary and help compile any measurements to be made to facilitate demonstration of achievement of goals and outcomes. Capture any relevant EPMO process improvements as a contributor to the EPMO team.
- Contribute to the evolution of the project governance and execution of the organization by maturing the EPMO process. Act as a representative of the EPMO team in the organization to champion the process and governance framework.
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communications; including experience in presentation development and delivery.
- Must work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to solve highly complex business problems.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Experience working with tight deadlines in a continuously changing environment.
- College degree in software development discipline or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Two or more years of work experience project managing end-to-end deployment of software releases.
- 6+ years experience in all phases of systems development (requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, implementation, etc.).
Preferred: Previous experience in mutual funds or financial industry preferred