What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You'll Do
Do you love to guide IT strategy with an eye for creating quality and seamless technology systems? Are you a strategic, hands on leader ready to make a difference?
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Technical Services, this position will lead and direct the planning, development, implementation, security and management of the infrastructure technology for WVPA. This position plays a key role in the development and implementation of sound policies and procedures to ensure quality and security.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Leading large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitoring performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Assisting in defining IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Planning and prioritizing the organization’s technology needs with an eye toward multi-year technology planning
- Designing and implementing business continuity protocols and controls to minimize disruption to the business
- Interacting with employees to obtain feedback of their experience when it comes to technology and utilize feedback to improve service delivery
- Proactively recommending and communicating ways to leverage technology to increase efficiencies
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues to ensure effectiveness and productivity
- Analyzing business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Meeting with vendors to learn about new software, products, and services offered
- Advising the leadership team on competitive financial impact of evolving technologies and systems
- Ensuring on-going, timely completion of responsibilities identified in the Disaster Recovery Plan
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
So what strengths will help you thrive in this position? Do you love innovation and love to exceed expectations? You dream about technology and are passionate about developing your skills. You clearly convey information effectively and utilize your technical skills and organizational skills when handling tasks. You create a collaborative work environment while understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information System, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience working in IT operations with a focus in server, networking and security operations.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Network experience with an understanding of wireless, switches, routers, DHCP, DNS and IP protocols preferred.
- Experience in the electric utility industry required.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and system administration, data storage systems, and phone systems.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
Wabash Valley Power
Why Work Here?Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri. As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
We are Deliberately Different! Work-Life Balance and Great Benefits are just two reasons why you want to work here!