Lending Operations Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
At WyHy we truly value the contribution of our team members. We aren’t just looking for job experience, skills and qualifications; we also need enthusiasm, energy and desire to help better our members' lives. In return, we will offer you a dynamic work environment that is open and supportive – where you can grow professionally and make a real difference in your community.
On top of all that, we offer our employees:
- Competitive pay and incentive program
- Generous PTO
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Gym membership allowance
- Pet insurance allowance
- Holiday pay
- Paid birthdays off
If WyHy sounds like your kind of place to work – then you’re in luck! We have the following job available:
TITLE: Lending Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Lending Officer
SUPERVISES: Underwriting, Mortgage Processors, Loan Coordinators, and Accounts Recovery.
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
Provides expert management and administration of the Consumer Lending Department, including loan origination, servicing, and collections. Experience on various third-party applications used throughout including creating, documenting, and executing processes and procedures. Involved in the daily running of the department and full systems life cycle. Is responsible for leading design, testing, implementation, maintaining, and supporting applications software. Assumes responsibility for reviewing information on loan applicants, analyzing credit information, and recommending and/or exercising appropriate underwriting decisions within policy.
- Manage daily operations of Lending staff, ensuring that departmental processes are efficient, effective, and in alignment with our member advocacy culture.
- Day-to-day supervision and management of Consumer Underwriting, Mortgage Processing, and Collection Management.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations within all areas of responsibility.
- Serve as key resource for lending, servicing, and collection, including product knowledge and compliance with regulations.
- Effectively manage escalated lending issues from internal and external members.
- Collaborate with Chief Lending Officer in managing 3rd party relationships in the Lending and Accounts Recovery Departments.
- Collaborate with Chief Lending Officer in achieving strategic goals and priorities.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of loan growth and delinquency targets.
- Serve as a role model for staff; facilitate positive conflict resolution.
- Support and participate in community and WyHy related events.
- Manages, supports, and develops Lending department and its employees, both within the branch and those working remotely, when applicable.
- Interviews, hires, and trains new employees.
- Develop, coach and counsel staff to achieve production, personal goals, and service benchmarks.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
These responsibilities are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Additional duties may be required and assigned. This list of duties and responsibilities is subject to change without notice.
The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the job.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field and
- At least five years of experience in a financial environment with two years of experience at the supervisory level;
- Or an equivalent combination of schooling and related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with Symitar and other core banking systems, MeridianLink Consumer (LoansPQ) and collections systems.
- Mortgage Origination experience.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent member service skills.
- Strong Underwriting and Collection experience.
- Knowledge of principles of lending, loan processing, underwriting, loan fulfillment, collections, and delinquency control.
- Ability to analyze large data sets to optimize autodecisioning.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Team building skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to focus on and achieve goals; ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer skills including strong working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations pertinent to consumer and mortgage lending.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about process improvement.
- Knowledge of Credit Union/Banking compliance, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- While this job is primarily sedentary, while performing the essential duties of the position the employee may be required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, talk, see and hear. The nature of this position requires physical mobility and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move a maximum of 50 pounds. This position may include prolonged periods of time working on a computer and looking at a monitor screen.
- Core operating hours for the Credit Union are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00PM; evenings and/or weekends may be required.
- Travel and time spent outside office may be required.
- Requirement to be bonded. Successful background check including personal credit report and criminal record.
WYHY Federal Credit
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at WYHY Federal Credit