- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WyHy is a Member-Owned Financial Cooperative dedicated to helping our members achieve financial success. In order to be successful, WyHy seeks those individuals that are not just looking for a career, but instead searching for a place where they can become part of something extraordinary. Member advocacy is the backbone of our business philosophy. WyHy is a company fiercely dedicated to its employees and knows that without successful employees, there will be no organizational success.
At WyHy we truly value the contribution of our team members. We aren’t just looking for job experience, skills and qualifications; we also need your enthusiasm, energy and desire to succeed. In return, we will offer you a dynamic work environment that is open and supportive – where you can grow professionally and make a real difference in your community.
On top of all that, we offer our employees:
- Competitive pay and incentive program
- Generous PTO
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Gym membership allowance
- Pet insurance allowance
- Holiday pay
- Paid birthdays off
If WyHy sounds like your kind of place to work – then you’re in luck! We have the following job available:
TITLE: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SUPERVISES: Accounting Coordinator (1)
FLSA Status: Exempt
To achieve success in this position, the Accounting Manager must develop and lead a team capable of exceeding expectations of WyHy Federal Credit Union and its accounting and support needs. Must maintain current working knowledge of all GAAP and Credit Union accounting processes and procedures as well as financial reporting. The Manager must be detailed-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks at once. The Accounting Manager must deliver above expectations on all accounting and support matters in a timely and accurate manner, with the expectation of continuous improvements in all responsible areas.
- Deliver complete, accurate, detailed, and timely accounting work at all times.
- Assist in the overall finance and accounting functions of the credit union.
- Assist in the deposit and loan rate determination for the credit union and report appropriately.
- Assist in ALM Modeling runs and what-if scenarios for different investment, loan, and share decisions.
- Assist in delivering a final annual budget by November 30 of each year reflecting the annual strategic plan.
- Assist in providing monthly budgetary variance report to the CFO/CEO.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations and WyHy policies.
- Assist with review and/or suggest changes and improvements to credit union policies as necessary to further the objectives of the credit union, and if applicable, mitigate unnecessary risks.
- Assist in overseeing the overall accounting and support areas of the credit union to ensure appropriate deliveries and maintenance of all accounting systems and functions.
- Oversee payroll functions in accounting department.
- Assist in ensuring maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Assist in overseeing cash management at branches to effective limits, not to carry more than necessary.
- Oversee in timely reporting/filing of all the required reports/returns/forms to the regulatory agencies, including but not limited to the 5300 report, escheat, and IRS reporting.
- Make sure the posting of checks, ACH, and any other functions are completed timely as necessary for the credit union operations.
- Responsible for all accounts payable and fixed assets functions and manage effectively to obtain the best possible pricing and schedule wherever and whenever possible.
- Efficiently manage all expenses and reduce/cut whenever possible.
- Manage all corporate checks appropriately.
- Ensure all GLs, bank records, and other financial records are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Assist in management/administration of ATM/debit/credit card programs.
- Review and provide analytical assistance to all areas of the credit union.
- Champion the continuous improvement efforts of the credit union.
- Actively support and promote WyHy core values, mission and vision statements, and staff commitment.
- Manage 3rd party relationships that are related to all responsible areas.
- Develop and manage department budget according to and within the plan.
- Develop and maintain all procedures necessary to create consistencies in all operations under the areas of responsibility.
- Initiate, develop and lead projects that are related to the areas of responsibility.
- Prepare reports as requested by the Board or the CEO/CFO. Inform CEO/CFO of all operations, conditions, and influencing factors.
- Communicate with staff in effective manner and be transparent.
- Promote innovative thinking at all staff levels and encourage staff involvement as much as possible. Optimize (what?) whenever possible.
- Support fully the credit union culture as established by the CEO.
- Stay updated with and adhere to the requirements of BSA and serve as the BSA Officer of the credit union. Fulfill all the required duties of a BSA Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support Accounting Department.
- Set accounting department and individual accounting staff member goals.
- Manage the accounting staff, to include staffing, scheduling, workflow, supervision, performance management and coaching.
- Maintain positive energy within the department, with positive and timely customer service to internal and external customers.
The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the job.
Required Education and Experience
- A High School education with at least 15 credits at the college level in accounting courses. Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in a credit union or other financial institution in accounting area. CMA/CPA can substitute 2 years of experience.
- Two years or more experience at a supervisor/manager level.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in finance or accounting.
- Financial Management
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Member Focus & Advocacy
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, abstract reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an ability to multi-task.
- Excellent computer, telephone, 10-key and other office machinery skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Advanced math skills.
- The ability to make sound decisions.
- Expert knowledge of all operations of the Credit Union.
- Excellent knowledge of all federal and state regulations applicable to the Credit Union.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and GAAP required.
- Working knowledge of IT systems.
- Extensive knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Management skills to best support the Credit Union and an ability to lead others positively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Excellent service (members and internal staff) required.
- While this position is primarily sedentary, while performing the essential duties of the position the employee may be required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, talk, see and hear. The nature of this position requires physical mobility and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move a maximum of 50 pounds with assistance. This position may include prolonged periods of time working on a computer and looking at a monitor screen.
- While core operating hours for the Credit Union are 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, extended and/or weekend hours may be required. Travel and time spent outside office may be required.
- Requirement to be bonded. Successful background check including personal credit report and criminal record.
WYHY Federal Credit
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at WYHY Federal Credit