Regional Operations Manager (Gulf Region)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WyCo represents over 50 years of combined conveyor experience in both mechanical and electrical installation. We offer a turnkey line of services, including new installations, preventative maintenance, and 24/7 emergency repairs. Come join our growing organization of qualified technicians, seasoned professionals, and an incredibly supportive team!
This position will report to our Corporate Office located in Covington, LA. Travel throughout the Gulf Region is required.
Regional Operations Manager (Gulf Region)
Salary Range - $75,000-90,000/year, dependent upon experience
The Regional Operations Manager (Gulf Region) will plan and oversee daily operations to ensure goals and objectives are achieved. The right candidate will lead a team of Industrial Maintenance Technicians to support all functions of our Customer Distribution Operations, while also building and maintaining customer relationships to support the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
- Supervise a team of Maintenance Technicians throughout the Gulf Region.
- Performs functions inherent in all supervisory positions including hiring, performance evaluations, and ensuring availability and implementation of effective training and development programs.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Actively supports the Safety Program and may be responsible for the administration of specific elements.
- Plans and organizes daily activities related to production, repairs, and operations.
- Coordinates all maintenance activities for technicians.
- Ensures that Maintenance Team complies with all appropriate regulations, permits, rules, policies, and procedures (i.e. Federal, State, Corporate, Plant - EEOC, OSHA, EPA, fire, sprinkler system, dust collector, air quality control, and stormwater).
- Measures productivity by analyzing performance data, financial data, and activity reports. Analyzes machine downtime data and develops and implements corrective actions to improve uptime and production processes.
- Coordinates with other support departments such as human resources, finance, and logistics to ensure successful production operations. Able to perform structured problem-solving. Coordinate and/or support improvement projects across the Technician Teams.
- Participates in ongoing self-development to ensure professional, functional, and industry competence.
- Must be available to work weekends and emergency callouts as needed.
- Monitor repair times of each technician.
- You will be the main point of contact for all customers in the Gulf Region.
- Coordination of fast response times for our customers' needs.
- Oversees the shipping and receiving functions as needed.
- Determines labor needs to meet production goals.
- Assists with/prepares/updates the organization’s Operations Manual and policies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Travel as required.
- Perform tasks on remote cloud-based software: Time Sheets, Work Orders, Customer Work Order Tracking System, and Expense Control Software.
- Adaptability - Able to change assignment or direction on short notice; determines project urgency in a meaningful and practical way. Use goals to guide actions and create action plans.
- Articulate Communication - Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to a diverse workforce and customer base.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving - Identifies problems, gathers data, develops, and assesses courses of action, and makes timely decisions or recommendations based upon logical assumptions using all available data.
- Ability to perform quality control measures on all repairs/installation of equipment.
- Coaching, Training, and Mentoring - able to broaden and cross-train skills of Technician Teams.
- High Energy- maintains high activity level and effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
- Independence - acts based on personal conviction and intuition; does not rely solely on the opinion of others for guidance or decisions.
- Initiative and Motivation - actively influences events positively to achieve objectives and goals; works well without close supervision; and takes personal satisfaction in job performance.
- Leadership - Able to persuade and influence, demonstrate integrity, communicate, and motivate, innovate, and implement a strategic vision, demonstrate drive and tenacity.
- Organization and Planning - can establish priorities and courses of action for managing multiple tasks; plans resources and schedules team and tasks. Uses time efficiently and is well organized.
- Persuasiveness - uses creative and appropriate methods of communication and influence to gain acceptance of proposals or outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with conveyors is preferred but not required.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelors’ degree in mechanical and/or electrical engineering or at least 3 years' of experience is required in a Maintenance Manager (or similar) role. Additional experience in project management and supervision of direct reports within a production environment is highly desirable.
- Expertise in Safety, Health & Regulatory requirements, and adherence to safety policies and OSHA requirements.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience leading teams in a production environment consisting of mechanical and electrical technicians.
- Strong knowledge of Ergonomics and Lean Manufacturing. Working knowledge of MS Office, & Preventive Maintenance Systems.
- Experience with forklifts, scissor lifts, basic hand tools, and electrical testing equipment voltmeters.
- Experience and ability to work with constant interruptions and in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machinery, and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access and navigate the production facility.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
There are no unusual working conditions associated with this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee may be exposed to wet or humid, outdoor weather conditions, and to extremely dusty environments but mostly work is performed indoors.
This position will typically be 50% office and 50% field, visiting various customers in the region. Travel is required as necessary across the Gulf Region.
Still interested? Please be sure to apply today!
Full-time WyCo Employees have the following benefits offered:
- Health, dental, vision, short and long term disability
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Personal Time Off
- 401(K), including employer match
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
WYCO SERVICES LLC
Get fresh Regional Operations Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.