Mid-Level Planner - FEMA
- Posted: over a month ago
WWC Global is seeking a Planner to support a potential contract supporting FEMA providing planning and technical support. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a member of a planning team that executes the FEMA six-step planning process to develop deliberate plans describing and detailing a federal concept of operations to respond to, and recover from catastrophic disasters.
- Serves as a team action planner for coordinating between staff and stakeholders to maintain member contact information, track tasks/actions, and coordinate preparation, execution, and after-action notes for collaborative sessions (leader meetings, work groups, updates).
- Conducts research and analysis to support deliverables preparation.
- Assists with and facilitates working groups throughout the project.
- Assists with plan refinement, tabletop exercise implementation, and plan socialization.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- 0-20% / Occasional travel.
This position is contingent on contract award. Multiple positions may be hired from this announcement.
WWC Global is a small, woman-owned business providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
At WWC Global, our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to WWC Global HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
WWC Global's Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with WWC Global HR at email@example.com.
- Bachelors degree.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain DHS suitability.
- Four (4) years of emergency management experience.
- Documented understanding of the FEMA six-step planning process, emergency management exercise programs, and principles.
- Documented understanding of emergency management response and recovery programs and FEMA's role in coordinating the Federal assistance to support state and local partners.
- Successful completion of Incident Command System (ICS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses (such as through FEMA's Emergency Management Institute classroom and/or on-line training programs) and/or education in business, urban, military, and emergency management planning.
- Expert proficiency level in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with personnel at various ranking levels.
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing abilities, and client focus.
- Executive Order 14042, the vaccine mandate for federal contractors, is enjoined and not currently being enforced. Yet the OSHA ETS has recently been reinstated, requiring business of 100 employees or more to comply. Personnel must comply with the vaccine requirements of the ETS.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Current, active Secret security clearance.
- Current, active DHS suitability
- Direct experience with emergency planning at the city, county, state or federal level
- County-level or higher emergency management experience preferred.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Eligibility requirements apply.
BusinessView all jobs at WWC Global