Junior Financial Analyst - Obligator
WWC Global Fort Belvoir, VA
- Posted: May 07, 2021
WWC Global is seeking an experienced Junior Financial Analyst - Obligator to support the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Services Branch.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Record, review, and reconcile of obligations to contracts prepared in the system of record
- Perform maintenance of contract files and respective supporting documentation
- Handle the pre-validation of invoices to ensure that they were properly executed and that sufficient funds are available for their payment
- Support the Accounts Payable team by performing research
- Record obligations in appropriate system of record
- Pre-validate invoices to ensure their proper execution and that sufficient unobligated funds are available for their payment
- Perform reconciliations of recorded obligations to contracts prepared in the contract writing system
- Maintain contract pay files and ensure payment packages are complete prior to providing packages to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) for payment. This process includes:
- Identify invoices as complete and accurate
- Identify appropriate funding
- Identify appropriate paying station
- Transmit to paying station
- Adjust available balances in tally sheets
- Verify payment in the entitlement system after payment is made
- Analyze, identify discrepancies, and, if necessary, return invoices and vouchers which are improper for payment and ensure the vendor is notified
- Identify problem payments and correct through reconciliation efforts
- Perform reconciliation activities which may require research and analysis in the following systems:
- Centralized Accounting and Financial Resource Management System (CAFRMS)
- Defense Agencies Initiatives (DAI)
This position is contingent on contract award.
WWC Global is a small, woman-owned business providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
At WWC Global, our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to WWC Global HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
WWC Global's Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with WWC Global HR at email@example.com.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Current, active Secret security clearance.
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing abilities, and client focus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimum of 3 years Federal financial management experience within the Department of Defense (DoD) or another Federal department or agency.
- Working knowledge of the Federal budget execution process (commitment, obligations, and expenditures).
- Familiarity with the DoD FMR.
- Experience using DAI, WAWF, CAPS, and MOCAS.
- Familiarity with the DoD's Financial Management Regulation (FMR) and strong Excel skills are required.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Availability: June 2021.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- General understanding of the Department of Defense's obligations and payables business processes.
- Experience using the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) general ledger system as well as an understanding of the Federal Financial Reporting process will be viewed favorably.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at WWC Global