Joint SOF Trainer (Operations & Planning) IV
- Posted: over a month ago
WWC Global is currently seeking Joint SOF Trainers for a high visibility program providing training and exercise support to U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). The Joint SOF Trainers plan, direct, and coordinate the activities required to execute the all portions of the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC) for USASOC’s exercise programs. The Joint Exercise Life Cycle is all of the events and actions required to design, plan, and execute major training events that prepare US Special Operations Forces (SOF) for operations in support of the nation’s strategic initiatives. Supported entities include, but are not limited to: 1st Special Forces Command, USASOC, USSOCOM, Geographical Combatant Commands, Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) and Partner Nations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as SOF Operations & Planning Analyst/Trainer for operational level planning and Mission Command.
- Assist in planning, designing, executing, controlling & analyzing joint SOF training & exercises.
- Plan, prepare, and manage the comprehensive exercise design and scripting support during all JELC events to include duties in the Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG).
- Develop and write operational level plans and orders that follow the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP).
- Serve as a JECG / TSOC Staff Officer or other required HICOM or adjacent unit role play (i.e. TSOC J3, J35, DATT) during exercise execution.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Joint Operation Planning Process, Mission Analysis, and Military Decision Making Process, and Joint Training System as they apply to a SOF planning process.
- Conduct research on current real-world events and incorporate them into relevant scenario injects that allow the training audience to meet the exercise’s training objectives.
- Develop and manage a library of CONPLANS and OPORDS that can be re-used in subsequent exercise rotations.
- Provide subject matter expertise on deliberate planning, crisis action planning, and mission command for units preparing to support special operations, support of named operations, and Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO).
- Provide advice on how to integrate commercial off the shelf UAS and USG C-UAS TTPs and equipment into the exercises.
- Throughout the conduct of exercise, capture observations and prepare after action reports, to include collecting, analyzing and reporting lessons learned.
- Develop scenarios, injects, and master scenario events lists (MSELs) for practical, table top, and vignette type training events and venues.
- Perform other tasks and activities as deemed necessary by the JADE HELM exercise cell leadership.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel required.
Multiple positions may be hired from this announcement.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to work in remote and rural environments.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle in environments including city, highway, and rural roads CONUS and OCONUS.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 21-49% / Regular Travel.
- This position may require travel to remote overseas locations for extended periods of time.
WWC Global, a Pequot company, is a tribally-owned firm providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Native Americans and spouses in all phases of employment.
At WWC Global, our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to WWC Global HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
WWC Global's Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with WWC Global HR at email@example.com.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years experience in SOF //OR// Associate’s degree with 15 years experience working in SOF //OR// prior (E8-E9, CW4-CW5, O4-O6) with 15 years experience working in SOF
- Current, active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Minimum 10 years of operational-strategic special operations experience
- Minimum of 4 years of recent experience serving in a command, senior enlisted advisor, or primary staff billet in a SOF (USSOCOM/TSOC), Service, Joint Staff, OSD, or 3-4 Star level Service/GCC HQs within the past 8 years
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with the Joint Training System (joint exercise planning management)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in joint operations and operational-strategic level SOF planning and operations
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the Adaptive Planning and Execution System (APEX) and Joint Operational Planning Process (JOPP)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Operational Design preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience directly interfacing with senior staff (O5/O6 and GOFO) at the TSOCs, Components, GCCs, Services, Interagency
- Excellent presentation, communication and organization skills
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing abilities, and client focus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid driver’s license (proof of which will be required after hire) and ability to qualify for and maintain WWC liability insurance through a clean driving record.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- EO 14042, the vaccine mandate for federal contractors, is enjoined and not currently being enforced. Should enforcement resume, applicants must understand and agree to comply with the order and related guidance.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Specialty in one or more of the following fields:
- Former Fires Support Officer / Field Artillery Officer.
- Cybersecurity fundamentals and defensive cyberspace operations.
- SOF Intelligence experience.
- 2+ years experience as a platform instructor in a Professional Military Education/training environment.
- Availability within three weeks of offer date.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
AddressFort Bragg, NC
EducationView all jobs at WWC Global
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?