Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, the Operations Assistant, assists in performing work related to operations such as shuttle bus driving, custodial services, setup and teardown of rooms, and other facilities related duties. The Operations Assistant will work in collaboration with both the logistics supervisor and the facilities manager. The operations assistant will be responsible for assisting veterinary technicians and bio-skills technicians with setup and tear down of rooms following events, assisting in maintaining a clean facility, providing exceptional customer service and assisting with driving needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and tear down all rooms scheduled for labs and events
- Assist in stocking and maintaining medical supplies and PPE
- Assist concierge in stocking coolers
- Assist in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the facility
- Provide shuttle driving for participants with WVC Vans, SUV or Coach
- Shuttle Driving- Assist passengers in loading and unloading their luggage into the vehicle
- Shuttle Driving-Carry out regular check on the shuttle vehicle before and after each day’s run
- Shuttle Driving- Obey all traffic rules and regulations guiding the operation of shuttle services in his/her assigned area
- Assist in maintaining housekeeping cleaning supplies and paper products, assist as needed with spot cleaning, emergencies or additional support as schedule requires when needed.
- Assist with other facilities related duties as needed
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3‐5 years’ experience in shuttle bus driving
- 1-2 years in event/banquet services
- Current CDL or able to obtain a CDL
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as proficiency with office equipment.
- Must be self‐motivated, take initiative and have great problem solving skills.
OTHER POSITION DETAILS
This position requires the ability to work a schedule in accordance with business needs. This position is expected to work hours a routine schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime, as preapproved by the COO, may be occasionally required. Additionally, this position may require working occasional weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
The daily duties of this position are physically demanding. The position may require moving equipment which can weigh up to 100 pounds and standing and walking are required. During the annual conference the level of activity increases and the amount of time spent standing and walking will be heavy. Clear vision is a requirement of the position. Corrected vision is acceptable.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Any work done remotely must be preapproved by the COO. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Safety in the Workplace
Every team member has the responsibility of providing a safe work environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on duty and/or the Human Resources Assistant, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers. Team Members must follow all laboratory safety policies and participate in safety education programs.
WVC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, gender, or on the basis of disability if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with a reasonable accommodation if necessary.