The Content Coordinator is under daily supervision by the Marketing Supervisor and coordinates the development of marketing content and copy for ad campaigns, a variety of promotional pieces and public relations materials, as well the website. Working closely with other members of the team, the Content Coordinator is responsible for developing and delivering external communications for WVC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop marketing copy with scientific relevance to support course/conference sales.
- Support other team members by producing copy/content for creative assets as needed, maintaining consistency in messaging.
- Initiate and implement communication activities that engage veterinary publications and websites to increase participants at the WVC annual conference and year-round courses.
- Outreach to industry associations to develop cross-promotional opportunities and ensure course placement on regional calendars.
- Responsible for developing media outreach initiatives aimed at veterinary publications and online resources
- Develop press releases as needed in support of WVC and manage press-related activities at the Annual Conference.
- Editing/proofreading publications/projects as necessary.
- Identify and manage potential award opportunities and submit entries on behalf of the organization.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to develop and deliver corporate communications strategy for the organization.
- Work closely with vendors to streamline messaging.
- Work as part of the marketing team, informing of campaigns, deadlines and general status of projects.
- Assist with the development of special promotions and program specific campaigns.
- Stay current with the latest industry trends, to ensure WVC projects a contemporary tone.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; including reading trade publications.
- Ensure copy adheres to the WVC style guide.
- Adhere to and supports the WVC Vision and Core Values.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures; reporting any violations and/or safety hazards.
- Maintain continuity among teams by communicating about projects and deadlines, sharing design dilemmas, and sources information when required.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Strong skills writing copy for both creative and technical applications.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Must be an effective communicator, write clearly, and be able to read and interpret written information.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task, working under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient with a good attitude.
- A strong work ethic and ability to take initiative.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to be calm and controlled in all situations; have sound judgment and able to make decisions.
- Experience working on a collaborative team, with a variety of individuals.
- Able to work autonomously, and organize and prioritize work to deliver results and meet objectives.
- Should be mentally prepared to occasionally work a long shift, erratic hours, holidays and weekends.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and a self-starter.
- Experience in translating ideas and requirements to outside vendors.
- Able to maintain records and materials in an organized manner, and attend to detail with accuracy.
Key Productivity Indicators
1. Successful campaigns– based on measurable results and communication to outside creative teams and vendors.
2. Collaboration with other team members and teams, taking opinions and positions into consideration.
3. Consistent, and excellent representation of WVC programs.
4. Continued reduction in marketing costs due to increased in-house production.
OTHER POSITION DETAILS
This position requires the ability to work a schedule in accordance with business needs. This position is expected to work hours a routine schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime, as preapproved by the CIO, may be occasionally required. Additionally, this position may require working occasional weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
The daily duties of this position are physically demanding. The position may require moving equipment which may weigh up to 50 pounds and standing and walking are required. During the annual conference the level of activity increases and the amount of time spent standing and walking will be heavy. Clear vision is a requirement of the position. Corrected vision is acceptable.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Any work done remotely must be preapproved by the CIO Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Safety in the Workplace
Every team member has the responsibility of providing a safe work environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on duty and/or the Human Resources Manager, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers. Team Members must follow all laboratory safety policies and participate in safety education programs.
WVC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, gender, or on the basis of disability if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with a reasonable accommodation if necessary.