The CIO Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the events department. The Technology Administrative Assistant will conduct research, prepare statistical reports, handle information requests and perform clerical functions such as prepare correspondence, arrange conference calls and schedule meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Read and analyze incoming email, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution needs
· File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports
· Prepare and review calendar and schedules
· Prepare meeting requirements
· Data entry
· Assist in coordinating activities, meetings, appointments, and handles all correspondence, filing, etc.
· Assist the marketing team as needed
· Assist IT team as needed
· Prepare reports and other documentation for the events team and upcoming events.
· Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including staff such as CIO, Director of Marketing and IT Supervisor.
· Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
· Types and designs correspondence, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
· Expense reporting using Concur.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma; Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
· At least two years of high-level administrative experience
· Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
OTHER POSITION DETAILS
This position requires the ability to work a schedule in accordance with business needs. This position is expected to work hours a routine schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime, as preapproved by the CIO, may be occasionally required. Additionally, this position may require working occasional weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
The daily duties of this position are physically demanding. The position may require moving equipment which may weigh up to 50 pounds and standing and walking are required. During the annual conference the level of activity increases and the amount of time spent standing and walking will be heavy. Clear vision is a requirement of the position. Corrected vision is acceptable.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Any work done remotely must be preapproved by the CIO Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Safety in the Workplace
Every team member has the responsibility of providing a safe work environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on duty and/or the Human Resources Manager, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers. Team Members must follow all laboratory safety policies and participate in safety education programs.
WVC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, gender, or on the basis of disability if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with a reasonable accommodation if necessary.