Under direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Specialist is responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of various accounting transactions, ensuring that transactions are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the transactions. The Accounting Specialist will also be required to routinely assist with various levels of accounting or administrative tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording data
· Assist in preparing quotes, invoices, and deposit reconciliations
· Identify and resolve discrepancies with various accounting transactions and/or reconciliations
· Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
· Assist in month end reporting procedures
· Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and work ethic
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field desired
· Three or more years of high level accounting experience required
· Cost Accounting and allocations experience desired
· Thorough attention to detail and accuracy required
· High-level problem solving skills required
· Ability to quickly understand high-level accounting and business concepts required
· Thorough understanding of all accounting office roles and functions required
· Thorough working understanding of QuickBooks and all of its modules required
· Thorough working understanding of Concur and all of its modules desired
· Familiarity with databases, financial reports and troubleshooting/tracing of errors preferred
· High level experience in excel preferred
OTHER POSITION DETAILS
This position requires the ability to work a schedule in accordance with business needs. This position is required to work a routine schedule of 40 hours per week. Additionally, this position may require working occasional overtime, weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
The daily duties of this position are not physically demanding however, the position does require sitting, standing, walking, use of fingers and hands, stooping, bending, reaching, and lifting.
During the organization’s Annual Conference, the duties of this position will change and the level of activity will increase, with the amount of time spent standing and walking being heavier than normal.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Safety in the Workplace
Every team member has the responsibility of providing a safe work environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on duty and/or the Human Resources Assistant, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers. Team Members must follow all laboratory safety policies and participate in safety education programs.
WVC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, gender, or on the basis of disability if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with a reasonable accommodation if necessary.