# Sr Project Manager (ID# 43113) Rochester, NY
# Category: Project Management
# Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 7 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
# Job Description
Be involved in projects with our Power Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Project Manager for our Rochester NY location.
The prime function and basic objective of this position is to lead the project team and is responsible for achieving the project objectives. The Project Manager is responsible to lead the project through Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling, and Closing. Functions include: direct and coordinate activities of the design, construction, and commissioning of large capital projects, have the responsibility of the planning, procurement and execution of a project, in any undertaking that has a defined scope, defined start and a defined finish.
# Accountabilities / Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the successful completion of assigned projects including:
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Procurement Management
# Job Requirements
# Education Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree; Engineering, Construction Management, or related Preferred
- PMP Required
- Years of Experience: 7+ Description of Professional Experience: 7+ years of project management experience for engineering and construction projects including knowledge of construction methods, practices, procedures and contracts. Utility Experience preferred
# Technical Skills
PMP process Proficiency in software especially in Oracle Primavera P6 and MS Office Suite. Familiarity with Oracle BI, EBS and Unifier. Good understanding of budget and financial management, earned value tracking techniques, critical path model scheduling, work breakdown structure management, contract management, etc. Strong understanding of electric and gas utility business.
Non Technical Skills
- Problem Solving / Analytics Advanced
- Written & Verbal communication Advanced
- Stakeholder Management Advanced
- Business Partner Relationship Management Advanced
- Interpersonal Skills Advanced
- Leadership Advanced
- Business Acumen Advanced
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.