# Quality Specialist (ID# 38192) Rochester, NY
# Category: Power & Energy
# Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 5 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
# Job Description
Be involved in projects with our Avangrid Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Quality Specialist for our Rochester office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The QE Manager is responsible to ensure specialist QUALITY support to AVANGRID special projects to comply with the company systems and legal requirements.
- They will also be responsible for managing all contractors and subcontractors to make certain they enforce owner, legal and internal requirements and implement the necessary systems to assure compliance.
- Supports projects from initiation to close out with problem solving, standardized guidelines, project specific quality programs and procedures, staff development, quality and continuous improvement tools.
- Directs quality and training personnel administration
- Assures proper implementation of project quality programs
- Implement, maintain and improve company's Quality Management Systems and procedures, under ISO 9001.
- Enforce the QUALITY procedures and policies to ensure compliance with applicable Laws and Regulations (Federal, State and Local), Standards, Industry best practices, etc. Implement, monitor and audit the use of standard process and procedures across all projects.
- Provide advice and support to project teams utilizing Project QUALITY Coordinators while maintaining enough distance to remain impartial and if necessary to escalate non-compliances, safety violations and bad practices through the use of NCR's etc.
- Coordinate with Project QUALITY Coordinators, Department Managers, Project Managers and Clients to define and improve Quality Management in projects liaising with Corporate QA/QC Manager where necessary.
- Support all parties (internal and external) to manage Quality project requirements, identifying required surveys.
- Ensure Project QUALITY Coordinators update project programs to include relevant QUALITY milestones. Support engineering and project management teams to commission studies / reports, , etc.
- Provide advice on Bidding preparation and enforce compliance with standard process / procedures
- Provide advice and support to review and monitor suppliers Quality management plans and implementation of such on-site. Influence the completion of site works in accordance with agreed and sufficient plans
- Encourage/enforce compliance with internal and external quality management systems, client and project requirements by providing support, coaching, auditing and NCR's where appropriate.
- At a project level, define an audit / inspection program and complete quality inspections, update reports and communicate findings. Raise NCR's where appropriate, follow up identified requiring corrective action to ensure timely completion of action items.
- Prepare and communicate a monthly portfolio performance report to Dept Managers capturing all QUALITY related data to monitor performance e.g. audits / inspections completed, NCR's raised, observations etc.
- Monitor all activities and performance of Project QUALITY Coordinators and provide consistency across the team in terms of training, standard of work and level of input to projects.
- Provide support to engineering and construction teams to facilitate suppliers/contractors to effectively ensure and document Quality performance, provide reports and rectify defective works / non-conformances where appropriate.
- Provide QUALITY advice and support to project teams to assist where necessary.
- Encourage and influence compliance with all relevant standard systems and procedures.
- Develop and deliver Quality System training and awareness initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the project.
- Coordinate with H&S and Environmental Departments.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
# Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 10 years experience with Quality Management Standards (ISO-9001 preferred).
- Experience in coordinating or managing QUALITY or equivalent resources across a portfolio of projects.
- Proven significant experience in .quality and environmental management including working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 within an engineering and construction project environment.
- Substation, Overhead Transmission Line or Power Engineering and Construction project experience and knowledge of practices are desired.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, local practices, and procedures
- Travel must be necessary and current valid driving license.
- Must have knowledge of Quality and Environmental management systems. Preferably ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Must have the skills to lead a contractor and subcontractor and maintain good relationships with the company.
- Influencing Project Teams including Project Managers, Engineers, Construction & Site Managers and Suppliers/Contractors to meet the Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements for a portfolio of engineering and construction energy related projects.
- Balancing all the conflicting needs of the project while ensuring quality considerations are not compromised.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all project team members and contractors while influencing QUALITY compliance.
- Must be flexible, and able to prioritize your responsibilities.
- Must have Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to travel to the work site(s).
- PC skills Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English required.
- Fluency in Spanish
# About WSP USA
WSP USA (formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff) is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms-WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.