We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join the team at our brand new 103 unit, 4-story senior apartment community near the Crenshaw District in Los Angeles, CA.
WSH Management has managed senior and multi-family properties since we began operations 20 years ago and are very experienced in the management of both affordable and market rate apartment communities. We currently manage over 60 properties in California and have over 100 employees. Come join us!
The ideal candidate is experienced in all trades, very organized and customer service focused. Responsibilities include working with contractors on all warranty issues, completing maintenance service requests, appliance repairs, painting, apartment turnovers, taking emergency calls and more. Preferred experience includes plumbing work, painting, flooring repair (repair/patch vinyl), electrical repairs, HVAC maintenance (clean/replace filters, replace thermostats, unclog condensate lines), cleaning grounds, offices and common areas. This position pays $19 per hour with full benefits. Hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Mon-Fri) and on-call for after-hours emergencies. The property is currently under construction and scheduled to open in October 2020, but this is subject to change due to construction delays.
Essential Functions Include:
- Inspect property and equipment daily to determine need and extent of service, equipment required, type and number of operation and maintenance personnel needed.
- Respond to service requests on a first in, first out, (except in the case of an emergency) and in accordance with Fair Housing guidelines.
- Document to accurately describe work done, parts used, disposition and time spent.
- Cleans all common areas, rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, laundry centers, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work areas.
- Respond to after-hours maintenance emergencies.
- 2 years facilities/apartment community/maintenance and porter or janitorial
- On call and weekend service experience
- Apartment community maintenance, HVAC and plumbing experience preferred.
- Candidate will be required to pass a background and drug screening. (A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from employment with WSH Management.)
FULL benefit pkg includes:
- Medical & dental; paid vacation and holidays
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution.
- Full Time: 40 hours per week
- Salary: $19.00 per hour
Resumes will be accepted by email only.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
WSH Management provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. If needed, reasonable accommodations for the hiring process will be made.
WSH Management is a drug free workplace.
WSH Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO