Director of Financial Crimes Unit
- Posted: over a month ago
WSFS Bank (“Bank”) is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Director of Financial Crimes Unit (“DFCU”). The DFCU reports to the Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) and is accountable for leading, managing, and creating synergy over the Bank’s anti-money laundering (“BSA” function), fraud, and physical security functions (“Operational Risk” functions). Maintaining a strong and compliant BSA Program and overseeing a proactive and responsive fraud and physical security function, balancing effective risk management practices in a customer-centric service model represent key objectives of this position. Partnering with leadership in the first line of defense to arrive at appropriately scaled solutions that take into consideration the need to protect the Bank’s and its Customers’ assets while simultaneously balancing business needs necessary to maintain positive customer experiences is critical to the success of this role. Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and effectively direct enhancements in the operationalization of requirements denoted within the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, Money Laundering Control Act, Anti-Drug Abuse Act, Annunzio-Wylie Anti-Money Laundering Act, Money Laundering Suppression Act, Money Laundering and Financial Crimes Strategy Act, Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act, the Bank Protection Act of 1968, Office of Foreign Assets Control requirements, and related FFIEC guidance directing compliance with anti-money laundering, anti-fraud, and security requirements.
- Drive a culture of compliance and risk engagement between the first and second lines of defense building a true partnership to accomplish strategic objectives in the context of fostering an understanding of each line of defense’s roles and responsibilities.
- Lead and manage three to five managers accountable for anti-money laundering, fraud prevention and detection, and physical security programs (collectively “Programs”) within the Bank ensuring alignment with Bank strategy and risk appetite.
- Deploy strategic vision in the execution of scaling and leveraging synergies between and among the Programs, ensuring an optimal mix of staffing, technology, cross-functional capabilities, and actionable reporting of risk and loss events commensurate with the size and complexity of the Bank.
- Direct periodic maturity and gap assessments necessary to gauge expected effectiveness of the Programs in the context of where the Bank is on its maturity curve.
- Direct risk assessments required of all three Programs, identifying any deficiencies, and prioritizing corrective actions as necessary.
- Self-identify and cause commensurate risk response / remediation in the context of observations of non-compliance with laws and regulations or instances in which the safety and soundness of the Bank may be at risk.
- Identify and direct the integration of technology, process, and workflow that may serve common or shared requirements of each program to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote the transformation of data streams into meaningful information and analysis from which to report out to management and board committees as well as for use in making informed business decisions.
- Partner with Enterprise Risk Management to develop, implement, monitor, and act upon meaningful key risk indicators sufficiently informing management and the board of compliance with the Bank’s risk appetite.
- Interface with primary functional regulators to address compliance matters and support regulatory examinations of the Programs.
- Liaise with the first line of defense to build a true partnership, understanding, and engagement sufficient to discharge the effective execution of the Programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain sustainable dashboards from which management and the board may understand metrics indicative of relevant business activities.
This is a full-time position. Location is flexible.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 15 years of management experience in BSA, Fraud, Security, Compliance, Risk Management, Operations, or a related field in banking or financial services.
- Must have extensive anti-money laundering and fraud expertise and experience in financial services is required.
- Must have one or more relevant certification is required (CAMS, CFE, CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, CCSA, CRCM, CRP, or commensurate certification).
- Must have experience working with bank regulators, including the OCC, FDIC, and/or the FRB is required.
- Must possess proven strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness presenting to Executive Management, Board of Directors, and regulators.
- Strong business acumen, and exceptional problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products and other banking software when applicable.
- Ability to query data warehouses, data marts, and databases is preferred.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
BusinessView all jobs at WSFS Bank