Utility Inspector/ Site Checker
- Posted: 20 days ago
Our Pipeline group is growing, and we have immediate openings for full-time, Natural Gas Pipeline Construction Inspectors. We offer exceptional opportunities in our Contract Administration and Construction Inspection areas. If you want more than a job and if you’re looking for a career with growth opportunities and a chance to be a leader, WSB is the place for you. Paid training will be provided to ensure projects and client specific deliverables are met.
What You Will Do: We have roles for natural gas pipeline inspectors who want to better themselves and want to be challenged. You will be part of our Oil & Gas Services Group working around natural gas distribution pipelines and facilities. As a Distribution/Utility inspector, you will be enforcing strict adherence to client requirements as it relates to the safety and construction of natural gas pipelines.
Responsibilities and expectations will include:
- The ability to pass the Operator Qualification modules and other training requirements in a timely fashion
- All aspects of the job are to be performed with an emphasis on safety.
- To build and maintain a working knowledge of federal, local, and company compliances.
- Field observation including verifying and documenting federal, local, and company compliance. This will include:
- Completing inspection reports daily. All documentation is completed electronically on a company provided iPad including Daily Reports, Pictures, Schedules, Time, and Expenses.
- Working with detailed plans and procedures, tracking quantities and material; verifying the accuracy of mapping and as-built documentation.
- Inspection of installation of natural gas pipeline activities including Excavation, installation, and backfill/restoration.
- Typical work hours range from 40 to 60 hours per week, 5-6 days per week. There are no limits to your growth and how you can progress with your career at WSB.
- Travel may be required for up to 50% of the time.
- Navigate to multiple locations each day
- Flag proposed electric and gas routes
- Document conditions found on site through applications on an iPad.
What You Will Bring:
- Excellent technical, communication, and organizational skills
- Construction or Construction Inspection background
- Additional requirements include a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- A pre-employment drug test as well as quarterly random drug testing is also required.
- Must be willing to work daily in the Denver Metro area
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
You must be comfortable working in all weather conditions. Due to the physical nature of the work, you must be able to lift 50 lbs. – 75 lbs. periodically. You’re required to work with your hands, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times you may be working at or on uneven terrain, slopes, in confined spaces, or reinforced trenches.
- Candidates with knowledge of CFR49/192/195 and/or who are Certified Welding Inspectors (AWS CWI / or CPWI+V)
- A two-year technical degree from an accredited school in a field related to civil engineering construction is a plus, and/or a degree from a four-year accredited college will increase your opportunities for growth
- Familiarity with construction processes, installation methods, utility mapping (as-builts)
Who We Are: WSB is a design and consulting firm specializing in engineering, community planning, environmental, and construction services. We provide solutions for the places, spaces and systems that support our lives. We offer services in more than 30 complementary areas across the nation.
WSB does not accept resumes from third parties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
WSB and Associates
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?