Senior Tenant Construction Manager
At WS, we’re passionate about building and operating places where people want to be. We are looking for Tenant Construction Managers to shepherd our tenants through the best Design & Construction process. Our goal is to combine white glove customer service with construction and design expertise to help our tenants open unique and beautiful stores at our properties.
What to expect
This is a highly visible role within the organization which requires an individual who is self-driven and can problem solve, communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, manage demanding schedules, and meet critical deadlines. Tenant Construction Managers can expect daily interaction with cross-functional team members from our WS Construction, Asset Strategy & Development, Leasing, Studio, and Lease Compliance departments, as well as being the main point of contact with Tenants and their respective consultants and contractors. More specifically, the Tenant Construction Manager is an integral part of the WS Construction team, responsible for the overall management of the entire Tenant Fit Out process, from initial Lease negotiations, pre-design, design, permitting, construction and cost-out of Tenant projects in the company’s portfolio.
This position will have the following responsibilities:
1. Lead the Tenant Construction aspects of any respective center assigned, while mentoring younger staff
Assist in the creation and implementation of design standards for each retail center.
2. Create and implement construction criteria for each retail center with Construction and Development Project Managers.
3. Collaborate with Leasing on deal negotiation, prepare construction work letters to specify Landlord and Tenant deliverables, and determine milestone lease dates.
4. Assist Cross Function team members on the development of budgets and schedules for Landlord deliverables for each Tenant deal.
5. Develop a reasonable project schedule with Tenants for the entire design and construction process.
6. Review all Tenant plans, while facilitating the internal reviews of Construction, Development and Studio to ensure that each set of drawings meet the lease requirements, city/state requirements and WS design standards.
7. Track key Tenant Lease dates with Lease Compliance and present a periodic status report to cross-functional team.
8. Complete Landlord delivery requirements by specific lease dates.
9. Manage Tenant possession and turnover possession of premises at time of delivery.
10. Monitor Tenant construction progresses on time, within budget and in a manner that strengthens the firm’s relationship with the Tenants and other external stakeholders.
11. Do whatever else it takes to get Tenants open Successfully!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management is preferred
- 10+ years of experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally and nationally
- Exceptional project management skills ability to effectively communicate across the organization, including WS leadership, and with vendors, contractors, and Tenants.
- Strong written, verbal and time management skills are critical
- Prior experience with cost estimating
About WS Development
Massachusetts-based WS Development is a mixed-use developer with a singular mission: creating places people want to be. With an approach that values art, science, innovation and, above all else, people, WS strives to engage each community it serves with best-in-class experiences, designed with our customers, tenants and partners in mind. Established in 1990, WS is one of few vertically-integrated real estate companies that conceptualizes, owns, operates and leases more than 100 properties that range from cutting-edge urban spaces to lifestyle and community centers. With over 22 million square feet of existing space and an additional nine million square feet under development, it is one of the largest privately-owned development firms in the country.
WS is where great ideas and great people come together to design, build, and operate some of the best loved real estate projects in the country. We live at the intersection of entrepreneurship and establishment. We have the infrastructure of decades supporting a culture of free-thinking excellence.
We expect every WS employee to feel welcomed and valued irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
WS DevelopmentChestnut Hill, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.