Senior Design Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work in-house for one of the largest retail-centric, mixed-use developers in the country. We seek a teammate with a passion for design who can help WS create places where people want to be, someone who strives for excellence the way we do. We are fast paced and dedicated to delivering best in class and hope that you find the same satisfaction from results. The position’s primary focus provides design leadership and design project management to the top tier properties located in Palm Beach, Tampa, Wilmette and Boston. This position requires an exceptional design aesthetic to lead the placemaking ideation, strategy and guidance for unique property wide design ethos for high end retail tenants, sitewide architectural design, furnishings, signage/wayfinding and landscaping.
Senior Design Manager owns the following responsibilities:
- Act as creative director and design ambassador for top tier assets by articulating, orchestrating and realizing the design goals of each project. This role requires a big picture creative visionist with execution skills to delivery quality and high-end design aesthetic for each of the assets.
- Create design concepts to elevate design aesthetic and bring fresh yet timeless ideas to placemaking in the public realm, including architecture, landscape architecture, furnishings, signage and wayfinding.
- Lead detailed design reviews for tenant fit outs, including interiors, storefronts and signage, focusing on refinement for best in class delivery.
- Execute design concepts by leading the design management efforts from Feasibility and Planning through Design and Construction
- Act as main point of contact for design for external design consultant teams and internal cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with internal Investment Manager, Development Manager and Construction Manager on strategy, schedule and budget from project concept to completion.
- Manage the selection of design consultant teams through initial outreach, RFPs, award and contract execution and contract administration.
- Provide critical information, documentation and collateral plans and renderings to Leasing for assigned projects.
- Support Tenant Construction Managers with the development of site-specific design criteria, tenant design reviews and negotiations and Lease design/construction term compliance.
- Oversee, train, and delegate to staff within the Studio to aid in the execution of all responsibilities.
- Contribute to educational, informational and/or special projects within the company.
- Exceptional design aesthetic executed on a range of mixed-use commercial projects (hospitality and/or retail)
- Demonstrated success in managing the design process of projects; experience with how building systems are designed and constructed, working across disciplines with architects (AOR, Design, and Landscape), engineers (MEP/Life Safety, Civil, Traffic), designers (interior, lighting, environmental graphics) and signage vendors
- Exemplary project management skills including organization, time management, resourcefulness, flexibility, communication and collaboration with proven success at teamwork and working independently
- Degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture/Design or similar
- 7-9 years of previous relevant experience required
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling (Sketchup or Revit)
- Applicant must submit work samples and/or portfolio as part of application process.
In addition to guiding the design ethos of the firm, the Studio, comprised of in-house architects and designers, provides planning and design solutions, serving as an important partner to Construction, Development, Leasing and Marketing departments.
About WS Development
Massachusetts-based WS Development is a mixed-use developer with a singular mission: creating places people want to be. With an approach that values art, science, innovation and, above all else, people, WS strives to engage each community it serves with best-in-class experiences, designed with our customers, tenants and partners in mind. Established in 1990, WS is one of few vertically-integrated real estate companies that conceptualizes, owns, operates and leases more than 100 properties that range from cutting-edge urban spaces to lifestyle and community centers. With over 22 million square feet of existing space and an additional nine million square feet under development, it is one of the largest privately-owned development firms in the country.
WS is where great ideas and great people come together to design, build, and operate some of the best loved real estate projects in the country. We live at the intersection of entrepreneurship and establishment. We have the infrastructure of decades supporting a culture of free-thinking excellence.
We expect every WS employee to feel welcomed and valued irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
WS DevelopmentChestnut Hill, MA
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.