- Expired: March 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Would you like to work weekdays and be home on weekends? Does Paid Time Off and medical/dental/vision benefits sound good? WPX may be the place for you!
WPX is hiring a full-time professional delivery driver based at our Auburn WA hub. The driver works Monday through Friday starting at 9:30 AM.
In this position you will drive a company van, making about 10 - 15 stops per day at business locations. This position needs a skillful driver who is self-motivated, attentive to details, can lift and carry 50 pounds, and can work independently and as part of a team. Drivers need a clean driving record, a working smartphone or similar device, and preference is given to those candidates who have previously worked as a delivery driver.
Full details about benefits offered by WPX are available on our careers website at https://www.wpx.com/careers/
The starting wage for this position is $18.00 per hour. The wage scale for this position is $18 - $23.
If you are at least 23 years old and have prior work experience driving a cargo van or larger vehicle, are physically fit to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 pounds, and have a clean driving record, keep reading!
About the Organization
WPX is a logistic solutions company. Our services include contract ground delivery (small package, LTL), air and ocean freight forwarding (LCL), and contract logistics services. At WPX, we design custom delivery solutions for clients operating in industries with unique supply chain requirements.
The driver is responsible for operating a cargo van or similar vehicle (less than 10,000 GVW) to and from specified destinations to pick up and deliver time sensitive materials. All work is completed in a timely and efficient manner following standard company procedures and safety requirements, while meeting established deadlines and performance goals in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up and deliver all packages to and from customers in an efficient and timely manner according to established procedures
- Pick, sort, load and unload delivery vehicle
- Safely operate and maintain assigned vehicle, following all safety and vehicle maintenance procedures.
- Maintain a neat, clean, well-groomed, professional appearance including proper uniform.
- Establish and maintain courteous business relationships with customers.
- Maintain accurate electronic and written records of daily pickups and deliveries
- Maintain excellent work habits including attendance, punctuality & safety procedures
- Install and use company provided Apps on a personal smartphone device
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 23 years old and hold a current, valid drivers' license with a clean driving record (MVR)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Previous on-the-job experience safely operating a cargo van or larger vehicle
- Demonstrated knowledge of defensive driving techniques, local geographic area and roadways
- Able to read and follow roadmaps
- Repeatedly enter and exit a cargo vehicle, bend, stoop, reach, walk, push, pull, carry, lift arms over head, balance, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Routinely and repeatedly push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 70 pounds
- Requires good vision and depth perception
- Must have a working smartphone for scanning
- Ability to log in to a computer and read and compose email
- Clearly read, write, speak, and understand English
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions in all units of measure
- Work as directed or unsupervised
- Establish priorities and meet goals even under pressure
- Maintain a cheerful, courteous demeanor in difficult situations
- Must be able to prove eligibility for employment in the United States
- If hired, you must be able to pass:
- Comprehensive background check
- TSA Security Threat Assessment
- Drug test prior to first day of work
WPX is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace; all employees are subject to random drug tests.
WPX Delivery Solutions
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at WPX Delivery Solutions
Get fresh Weekend Delivery Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.