Supporting the Military and Veterans Health (MVH) team through data entry, project work, and mail indexing.
In this role you will:
- Select, compile, record, and verify data from various sources
- Perform entry and retrieval of information via computer or paper files
- Perform typing (i.e. labels, form letters, etc.). Pick up, sort, organize, and distribute information throughout day
- Prepare and route incoming and outgoing mail/faxes.
- Copy documents as requested and maintain department files, including file setup or purging of completed records
- Index and verify information on forms and other medical records
- Sort and file correspondence, records, and other documents.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Have experience navigating a personal or work computer
- Have typing or keying experience
- Are familiar with the application called OnBase (although not required)
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Helping claims get processed timely and paid accurately
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
You need to have:
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in use of personal computer, including basic internet knowledge
- Proven experience or demonstrated use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of general office procedures (experience working in an office environment, being able to interpret requests via email, etc.)
We also prefer:
- Knowledge of OnBase software
Jeanne Dean, Claims Operations Manager
Kay Beuligmann, Claims Supervisor
Elicia Holland, Claims Resolution Supervisor
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts