What we do
WOW Logistics® is a nationally recognized integrated supply chain solutions provider with unparalleled expertise storing and handling food-grade products. Our solution set includes services in three core areas:
- Operations – Our comprehensive operational solutions include food-grade warehousing, contract operations, transportation, and supply chain consulting.
- Real Estate Development – Through our Build-to-Lease program, WOW Logistics designs, constructs, and provides project financing and leasing for custom warehousing and light manufacturing facilities.
- Financing – Our inventory financing solution, the WOW COMMODITY PURCHASE PROGRAM®, finances products requiring extended storage time before being converted into finished goods.
- Technology Solutions – Our suite of supply chain technologies is unparalleled in the industry and provides WOW and our customers with a solid platform to manage efficient warehouse operations.
Who we are
Company culture at WOW Logistics is defined by more than a single mission statement. The collection of values outlined in our Little Orange Book guide not only how we do business, but the environment in which we choose to conduct it. Our employees embody these values professionally and personally. We reward that excellence by promoting from within.
Our employee-run 501c3 non-profit, WOW – WE CARE CHARITY, further exemplifies our values through its philanthropic efforts in the communities where WOW Logistics does business.
Why work at WOW?
On average, the company has been growing by more than 10% annually over the last 5 years. Our hard-working and dedicated employees are the reason for our success and their safety and well-being are of the utmost importance. We prioritize providing industry-leading benefits, such as:
- LOW monthly premiums and LOW maximum out of pocket
- 401K with company match
- Generous paid vacation
- Vision, Dental, and Life insurance
- FLEX spending
WOW Logistics is now hiring Distribution Center Leads for a new operation in Tukwila, WA!
The Lead is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the floor operation at the DC including delegating tasks, labor management, and food safety (if applicable). The Lead will work closely with the Shift Supervisor to guide and direct a team of hourly employees to solve problems and provide phenomenal service to our customers. The Lead is expected to regularly operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting customer products in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, productivity and accuracy.
Hours: The work schedule will include 12 hour shifts that support a 24/7 operation that may include nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Direct and assign hourly employees daily tasks
- Provide feedback to supervision about employee behaviors to develop their attitude, work ethic, process and skills
- Participate in the training of new or less experienced warehouse employees, as requested, and inform management of his/her progress
- Ensure timely and accurate receipt of inbound inventory, cycle counts, inventory transactions and outbound shipping functions
- Perform process audits and provide feedback to supervision
- Follow food safety to include employee training and building sanitation
- Inspect Material Handling and other equipment daily and report any maintenance issues to management
- Facilitate distribution center maintenance, repairs and LOTO and where required
- Report damage to racks and other warehouse equipment to management
- Monitor DC supplies to ensure they are available when needed
- Operate material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Possess and display a genuine positive attitude and work ethic
- Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and report any safety concerns to management. Comply with OSHA standards
- In the absence of the supervisor/manager, lead shift change meetings to replay important safety, process and production related messages
- Report and facilitate employee conflict resolution and documentation of incidents
- Ensure compliance and advocate full support of established company policies and procedures
- Document and share employee feedback and ideas with the management team
- Attend and participate in all monthly safety meetings
- Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as required by management
- Maintain work area and company equipment/materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Clear area of loose wood or plastic and sweep as needed
- Timely, accurate data input into warehouse management system
- Assist office personnel, including checking in/out drivers, inventory checks, BOL’s, Appointment calendar, and all other office duties as needed
- Positive people with a “can do” attitude that like to work hard and have fun doing it
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous experience reading and understanding of financial documents such as P & L statements
- Open to last minute schedule changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be dependable, reliable, and mature enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly
- Previous experience in a leadership role with coaching and mentoring employees
- Ability to think strategically and take ownership
- Must have the ability to work alone and with others under busy conditions
Apply online! at www.wowlogistics.com/careers
Why Work at WOW Logistics?
If you've got what it takes to join the team, we've got a lot to offer—competitive wages, attractive benefits, modern work environment, and a casual dress code in our corporate office. There’s also plenty of room for growth! WOW Logistics prioritizes promoting from within before looking externally to fill positions. In fact, 32 percent of current WOW Logistics employees have received promotions since their hire date, and 55 percent of those employees have received more than one promotion. Finally, our corporate culture can’t be beat—check out our Little Orange Book to learn more!
WOW LogisticsCompanies partner with WOW Logistics to tackle some of their toughest supply chain challenges. The solutions we offer exist within three core business areas - Operations, Real Estate, and Financing. Our commitment to customer satisfaction and efficient operations has allowed us to master the art of combining our services to deliver integrated supply chain solutions to our customers. Our investment in top-tier logistics technology and our expertise in storing and handling food-grade product make us an industry leader and one of the fastest growing companies in the Fox Valley. Why Work at WOW Logistics? If you've got what it takes to join the team, we've got a lot to offer—competitive wages, attractive benefits, modern work environment, and a casual dress code in our corporate office. There’s also plenty of room for growth! WOW Logistics prioritizes promoting from within before looking externally to fill positions. In fact, 32 percent of current WOW Logistics employees have received promotions since their hire date, and 55 percent of those employees have received more than one promotion. Finally, our corporate culture can’t be beat—check out our Little Orange Book to learn more!