The purpose of a line cook is to prepare food items according to established recipes and standards and responsible for ensuring that each dish is presented accurately, and adhering to specific instructions provided by the chef that is on duty. Must work on a designated station or "line" in the kitchen, focusing on the food preparation such as grilling, sautéing, or plating.
As a line cook, you must be able to maintain a clean and organized workspace, following proper food safety and sanitation practices, and occasionally assisting with ingredient preparation and inventory management.
- Adheres to Club policy and procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Club
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Maintains confidentiality of all data
- Meets department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Warms sauces
- Sets up for weekly specials.
- Stock refrigerator at workstation.
- Helps to plate for banquets.
- Prepares orders in most efficient manner.
- Grills steaks, hamburgers and fish.
- Marinates filet steaks and lamb chops.
- Maintain clean station.
- Prepares veal chops.
- Turns and roasts vegetables.
- Forms hamburgers and plank steaks.
- Cleans and stocks meat box.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Work Experience Qualifications:
A minimum of two years cook and prep experience required in a high volume food preparation area.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with nights, weekends and holidays.
WOODMONT COUNTRY CLUBRockville, MD
FoodView All WOODMONT COUNTRY CLUB Jobs
Get fresh Line Cook jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.