As the Title X (ten) family planning program grantee in Texas, the Women’s Health and Family Planning Association of Texas (WHFPT), through its diverse network of Title X-supported health centers, provides uninsured and low-income Texans access to high-quality reproductive healthcare. The education, counseling, and clinical services available to individuals in Title X health centers promote positive birth outcomes and healthy families.
The grant is expected to end on June 30, 2019. The position may be extended if additional funding is obtained. This is a grant funded position.
The Clinical Compliance Specialist reports to the Director of Quality Improvement and in consultation with program managers, is responsible for monitoring and oversight activities of the Title X Family Planning Project. This position develops, implements, and maintains systems to ensure effective and high-quality care while working with sub-recipient agencies in response to quality improvement needs. This includes coordinating and evaluating administrative and clinical quality assurance initiatives, including sub-recipient self-audits, site reviews and other risk management activities.
Reports to the Director of Quality Improvement
Assists sub-recipient agencies
1. Associate degree in Nursing or Midwifery required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Clinical training in family planning and reproductive health.
3. Familiarity with quality measures for family planning and reproductive health care.
4. Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting in measurable success and program growth.
5. Experience with federal grant administration and management.
6. Microsoft Office 365 skills, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Salesforce.
7. Compliance, research and statistical analysis skills, writing skills, organization, audit, and general math skills.
8. Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating with a diverse, multi-disciplinary, and dynamic team.
9. Understanding of relevant laws, regulations, regulatory bodies and compliance requirements and risks.
10. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
11. Exhibits flexibility in a changing environment with sense of humor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in planning and execution of Title X Family Planning project and program performance.
- Participate in monitoring reviews, including on-site program performance visits and desk reviews.
- Ensure program performance reviews are completed according to procedures and within timelines.
- Ensure sub-recipient’s capacity to undertake family planning and health related services including: a broad range of family planning methods; infertility; adolescent health; preventive measures for sexually transmitted diseases (STD); sterilization; and prohibition of abortion.
- Ensure services are delivered consistent with Title X statutes, regulations, legislative mandates, state reporting requirements and standards of care.
- Review executed referral agreements between sub-recipients and referral agencies for the provision of health services, comprehensive primary care services, and other health and social services including HIV care and treatment services.
- Prepare compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
- Collaborate with management to ensure organizational compliance initiatives are implemented.
- Partner with senior executives to help identify, manage, and mitigate compliance risks.
- Identify deficiencies and implement corrective actions.
- Oversee and track metrics, including key performance indicators and compliance risks.
- Oversee the administration of regulatory audits and inquiries.
- Maintain confidentiality of all sub-recipient and client information.
- Develop and execute training for family planning network to include; best practices and the provision of high-quality reproductive healthcare and counseling.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Compensation & Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, worker’s compensation, short-term and long-term disability insurance; vacation, sick leave, holiday pay, eligibility to participate in retirement plan. Salary commensurate with qualifications and work experience.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Enter job description...